SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No Longer For Sale

What's Hot
JackobeanJackobean Frets: 667
edited September 2013 in Amps £
As new redplate CDS2 up for trade. Really a wonderful amplifier - but sadly too powerful and american sounding for my present needs. 

What I'm looking for - 

British voiced amplifier of similar value, with less power or good power scaling

Or

Historic/CS Gibson
Custom Shop Telecaster
Something else interesting (try me)

If i'm breaking forum rules by not posting a price then I will try and rectify that. Not too many of these around to try and find a benchmark, Coda have one in similar condition for £1799. I am however only looking to trade at present.

I prefer to conduct trades in person - it allows everyone involved to be happy with what they're getting. I'm based in Brighton, so that somewhat limits any potential deals to the south of England.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BarneyBarney Frets: 614
    what sort of price are you putting on the amp please...and what guitars are you looking for
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    As a current CDS2 owner, free bump...! However, forum rules mean prices please - thanks and good luck
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    only if he is selling surely? if hes trading then just mention what hes interested in, which hes done? 

confused of kent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    now that sir is yummy! out of my price range but ooooh mama!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    Superb amps guys... The Blackface clean and (separate footswitchable) tweed channels are unreal. Very very very light to carry, unbelievably loud, great bedroom amp. End of sales pitch !
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27590
    stuagu said:
    only if he is selling surely? if hes trading then just mention what hes interested in, which hes done? 
    Absolutely.

Though the addition of a very rough idea of its value (as Jackobean has done) will, I imagine, help people to gauge what might constitute appropriate trade offers. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    I have a gibson R7 goltop....not really sure though if I want to trade but would there be intrest ?
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    @Barney whereabouts are you? @Wazmeister has a CDS-2 and I have a Blackverb you could try if you wanted before committing yourself if we are any closer than the OP
    hywelg said:
    @Barney whereabouts are you? @Wazmeister has a CDS-2 and I have a Blackverb you could try if you wanted before committing yourself if we are any closer than the OP
    im in whitehaven , cumbria...probably miles away from anybody...lol
  • Updated my original post to reflect some things I probably should have mentioned from the outset.
  • Nice buy - I have the tweedyverb, and this one goes to the next level. 
  • Message sent maye
  • I've come to my senses and decided to keep the Redplate. I'm really digging the tweed channel at the moment - think i'd regret parting with it.

Will the mods delete this? Or should I just put SOLD in the title and let it drop?
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    No, just change the title to 'No Longer For Sale' as thats technically more accurate isn't it.