Bridget Mermikides - New Classical Guitar Music Book (with tab)

GTCGTC Frets: 263
edited October 2019 in Acoustics
Today I took delivery of Bridget Mermikides new classical guitar music collection (Classical Guitar Sheet Music) - with both standard notation and tab. It is a really interesting and varied selection - I would say from intermediate standard upwards although some pieces I would definitely place in the advanced bracket. The content can be found on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1540032280/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It follows on from her previous collections "Classical Guitar Compendium" and "Classical Guitar Anthology" - both containing similar content with interesting, mostly accessible and varied arrangements from someone who really knows how to get the best out of a guitar. IMO most of the arrangements work well on a steel-strung guitar too.

I've had some fun today with several of the arrangements - and even tricky stuff like Tchaikovsky's "Dance of the Reed Pipes" (try not to think of a famous brand of fruit and nut chocolate) seemed possible once you broke it down although I do not underestimate the challenge to play it fluently.

All of the three collections mentioned above are worth a look if you like classical music or are looking for something different to give yourself a challenge.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments