Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Positive grid spark amp

What's Hot

Comments

• dazzajl said:
    McToot said:
    ..........The fact that I know 30 seconds of about 200 tunes is both embarrassing and useless in real life situations......

Wait.... what???

That’s not all there is to guitar??
    Of course it isn’t. There’s also aimless noodling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    I see there's no Line Out, but I presume there's no 'gotcha' that makes it awkward to use the headphone as a stereo line-out on these?
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    There are some quite clever people in the Spark Amp Mods group on facebook, lines out, cab extensions, additional speakers & footswitches have been made and added.
    However, the headphone out does also work quite well.
  • aspnetaspnet Frets: 46
    Yay - mine shipped today. Can't wait  :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Mine's saying ready to ship on 17th Sept. I ain't holdin ma breath.  If it turns up in December I can tell Lady McToot it's her Xmas pressie to me. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    And my Spark is... SHIPPED! It's in Germany so hopefully just a couple of days to go.
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    Mine also shipped from Germany today 
  • Mine's also on its way today.  That's three weeks since I ordered it - not bad, they're obviously catching up with the orders now.
  • MildAshersMildAshers Frets: 7
    edited August 2020
    Seems like they've got a batch to ship as mine has shipped as well, #262xx to the UK.

Just to get everyone excited, here's a list of the amps and effects I've compiled (I know the amps are on PG support but I don't know if everyone has seen that list so I altered mine, I almosthad all of them right). The effects I have cross referenced with real pedals and I'm 99% sure that I have found the real pedals that PG are replicating. Some i couldn't find so just assumed PG Original so if anyone knows what they are then by all means let me know.

Amps

Clean
    Silver 120 - Roland JC120
    Black Duo - Fender Twin Reverb
    AD Clean - Orange AD 30
    Match DC - Matchless DC30

Glassy
    Tweed Bass - Fender Bassman
    AC Boost - Vox AC30
    Checkmate - Teisco Checkmate20
    Two Stone SP50 - Two Rock Studio Pro 50

Crunch
    American Deluxe - Fender '57 Custom Deluxe
    Plexiglas - Marshall Super Lead 100
    JM45 - Marshall JTM45
    Lux Verb - Fender Deluxe Reverb

High Gain
    RB 101 - Bogner Ecstasy 101
    British 30 - Orange AD30
    American Hi Gain - Mesa Boogie JP-2C
    SLO 100 - Soldano SLO-100
    YJM100 - Marshall YJM100 Signature 

Metal 
    Treadplate - Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
    5153 - EVH 5150 III
    SwitchAxe - H&K Switch Blade
    Rocker V - Orange Rockerverb 50
    BE 101 - Friedman BE100

Acoustic
    Pure Acoustic - PG Original
    Fishboy - Fishman Acoustic Amp
    Jumbo - PG Original
    Flat Acoustic - PG Original

Bass
    RB-800 - Gallien-Krueger 800RB
    Sunny 3000 - Sunn 300T
    W600 - Eden WTP600
    Hammer 500 - Aguilar Tone Hammer 500

Effects 

Gate
    Noise Gate - PG Original

Comps
    LA comp - PG Original
    Sustain Comp - Boss CS3
    Red Comp - MXR Dyna Comp
    Bass Comp - EBS Multi Comp SE
    Optical Compressor - PG Original?

Drives 
    Booster - MXR Micro Amp
    Tube drive - Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9
    Over Drive - Boss OD3
    Black Op - ProCo Rat
    Fuzz face - Jim Dunlop Fuzz Face
    Bass Muff - EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
    Guitar Muff - EHX Big Muff Pi
    Bassmaster - Malekko B:assmaster 
    SAB driver - Wampler Plexi Drive

Mods
    Tremolo - Mad Professor Mellow Yellow 
    Digital Chorus - Strymon Ola Chorus
    Flanger - EHX Electric Mistress
    Phaser - MXR Phase 100
    Vibrato - BBE Mind Bender
    UniVibe - MXR UniVibe 
    Cloner Chorus - EHX Small Clone 
    Tremolator - Demeter TRM1
    Tremolo Square - TC Electronic Pipeline

Delays
    Digital delay - Boss DD3
    Echo Filt - Mr Black Dark Echo 
    Vintage delay - Boss DM2
    Reverse Delay - PG Original
    Multi Head - Boss RE20
    Echo Tape - Dunlop EP103 Echoplex

Reverbs
    All PG Original based off classic reverb sounds
    Room Studio A
    Chamber
    Hall Natural
    Plate Short
    Hall Ambient
    Plate Rich
    Hall Medium
    Plate Long
    Room Studio B
  • Got mine last night! Cool little unit... great plugged into the laptop via usb for YT jamming etc. For the money its a no brainer if you dont already have a small practice setup. Havent tried the bundled software yet,  Presonus?! (Iirc)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Hmmmm

About to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys, the website says they're in stock, ready to ship immediately.

Get to the payment page and all of a sudden it's "Due to unexpectedly high demand, we are temporarily out of inventory! You can still take advantage of our pre-order price until August 23, 2020. Our estimated shipping time now is 15-20 days."

Still going to go for it, but this sort of thing, coupled with some of the tales of delay out there, leaves me wondering whether Tool will release another album before I get the thing.  Probably explains why they seem to be changing hands for upwards of £300 on FleaBay...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Incidentally, FWIW, I was completely unaware of these things until I went for an MRI scan a couple of weeks ago, and got chatting with the radiographer beforehand who turned out to be a guitar player, and was singing the praises of his that he'd recently just taken delivery of.  Guitarists get everywhere!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    JerkMoans said:
    Incidentally, FWIW, I was completely unaware of these things until I went for an MRI scan a couple of weeks ago, and got chatting with the radiographer beforehand who turned out to be a guitar player, and was singing the praises of his that he'd recently just taken delivery of.  Guitarists get everywhere!
    Aye there's no money in rock and roll
    edited August 2020
    roberty said:
    JerkMoans said:
    And there was me planning to sublimate my mid-life crisis by gettin' me a tattoo, a pair of leather strides (size XXL) and a Harley and starting a rockin' band called, er, Mïd-Lïfë Crïsïs.   :dissapointed: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    JerkMoans said:
    roberty said:
    JerkMoans said:
    And there was me planning to sublimate my mid-life crisis by gettin' me a tattoo, a pair of leather strides (size XXL) and a Harley and starting a rockin' band called, er, Mïd-Lïfë Crïsïs.   :dissapointed: 
    My producer mate does AV contracting on the side, better day rate babysitting tie mics for Reuters
  • Question. When going through the positive grid website to purchase the Spark all prices are in US Dollars.
    This would be my first time buying a product direct from America so not sure what the total cost will be in Pounds?
    Question. When going through the positive grid website to purchase the Spark all prices are in US Dollars.
    This would be my first time buying a product direct from America so not sure what the total cost will be in Pounds?
    Here's mine this morning:

Subtotal:$224.00 USD
    Shipping:$0.00 USD
    Tax:$44.80 USD
    Grand Total:$268.80 USD

Using the online currency converter at, say, XE.com it comes out at today's exchange rate as £205.37.  Bet my credit card company will add a few more ££ on for the privilege, but say £210 all in, tops.  As discussed above, they seem to have a distribution hub in Germany, so there will be no import duties or VAT on top - UK VAT is I think the $44.80, which is precisely 20% of the $224 base charge, and it's free delivery.  So, about £210 for this box of electronic wizardry.  Assuming it arrives before Dec 31st.

Or you could buy one on eBay for £300+, or Gumtree for £360 :confounded: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JerkMoans said:
    Question. When going through the positive grid website to purchase the Spark all prices are in US Dollars.

Using the online currency converter at, say, XE.com it comes out at today's exchange rate as £205.37.  Bet my credit card company will add a few more ££ on for the privilege, but say £210 all in, tops.  As discussed above, they seem to have a distribution hub in Germany, so there will be no import duties or VAT on top - UK VAT is I think the $44.80, which is precisely 20% of the $224 base charge, and it's free delivery.  So, about £210 for this box of electronic wizardry.  Assuming it arrives before Dec 31st.

Thanks for the clarification.

Better get my order placed. 
  • JerkMoans said:

Thanks for the clarification.

Better get my order placed. 

Mine came to £206.72 when it exited my account. 
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    this looks like an interesting all-in-one solution for my second home if it can be my interface, computer speaker, and headphone practice device all at the same time. If, that is, the sound quality is there.

How disappointed will I be if I expect an HX Stomp with slightly fewer amp and fx models?