Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Positive grid spark amp

What's Hot

Comments

• Trigger pulled. Now the wait begins. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I ordered mine on July 11th, and it came on Friday.
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    Bugger it, just placed a late order...seems a cool/fun unit, was going to maybe get one of those Marshall bluetooth speakers but for the same money the PG has so much more...its a no-brainer !
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5442
    What UK carrier delivers the Sparks? Just wondering if I'll be at home when it arrives this week.
  • DartmoorHedgehogDartmoorHedgehog Frets: 890
    edited August 2020
    DiscoStu said:
    What UK carrier delivers the Sparks? .
    Mine's arrived in the UK and been given a Parcelforce tracking code, so I assume that's who will deliver it.
    DiscoStu said:
    Mine's arrived in the UK and been given a Parcelforce tracking code, so I assume that's who will deliver it.
    Good stuff. I can collect locally from them if  need be.
  • DiscoStu said:

Did they send you a parcelforce one separately?
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    DiscoStu said:

Did they send you a parcelforce one separately?
    I think that the link is the same, i am in France and with the tracking from PG, i see where is mine in France. 
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    Received today.
  • skikdi53 said:
    Received today.

Same here. 
  • aspnetaspnet Frets: 46
    edited August 2020
    Who is delivering them? Had no updates to the tracker for a few days then come back to 'The parcel could not be delivered as the consignee was absent' with no card left or details of how to contact the courier  
  • aspnet said:
    Who is delivering them? Had no updates to the tracker for a few days then come back to 'The parcel could not be delivered as the consignee was absent' with no card left or details of how to contact the courier  
    It's ParcelForce (assuming you're in the UK).  If you run the tracking from the Positive Grid page, then get the tracking number and put it into the GLS courier's own tracking page you get more info, including a ParcelForce code after it's come into the UK.  Put that code into the ParcelForce tracking site and you should find out what's going on.  Bit long-winded but it works.

Mine turned up today - first impressions are very good.  It feels very solid and well-built, heavier than I expected.  No humming that somebody mentioned, just a very nice sounding practice amp.  Had a quick play with a few of the amps and effects, all very nice.  It's certainly capable of being extremely loud - far louder than I'll ever use as a practice amp at home - without the speakers distorting.  My phone is too weedy to run the fancy auto-jam stuff (was thinking of getting a newer one soon anyway, but in the meantime I'll try it with my daughter's phone later) but I did try playing some backing tracks and youtube stuff and it works really well.  I'll probably set up a few presets that I like and then use it most of the time as a stand-alone amp, but the phone app is cool and I'll certainly use the other features a bit (but possibly not until I get round to getting a new phone!)

So overall I'm happy I bought it - no buyer's remorse here.  It sounds better than my other practice amp, so that'll be going up for sale soon, and the fancy features are a bonus.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I didnt get a parcelforce code. My tracking didn't update to show it was being delivered until 10 minutes before it came and the PG tracker still shows it hasn't been delivered.  :#
  • I didnt get a parcelforce code. My tracking didn't update to show it was being delivered until 10 minutes before it came and the PG tracker still shows it hasn't been delivered.  :#
    You had to do a bit of courier website leap-frog to get more information (see my post above to aspnet)
  • aspnetaspnet Frets: 46
    I didnt get a parcelforce code. My tracking didn't update to show it was being delivered until 10 minutes before it came and the PG tracker still shows it hasn't been delivered.  :#
    You had to do a bit of courier website leap-frog to get more information (see my post above to aspnet)
    Thanks. Found all the details now and assume there'll be another attempt tomorrow. 
    I had to pop out at 9.20 this morning. Got home at 10 and there was a 'missed delivery' note through my door. Grrr!
    Luckily they've left it at a Post Office in town for collection so I'll get it later.
    The GLS tracking is pretty dire, it doesn't give you a ParcelForce tracking number once it's in the UK and the GLS number doesn't work on the PF tracking site so I had no way of knowing when it was coming.
    Oh well, at least it's here now... almost!
  • DiscoStu said:
    The GLS tracking is pretty dire, it doesn't give you a ParcelForce tracking number once it's in the UK and the GLS number doesn't work on the PF tracking site so I had no way of knowing when it was coming.

That's weird - it did for mine.  Only if you look directly on the GLS tracking site though, not on the PG one.
    DiscoStu said:

That's weird - it did for mine.  Only if you look directly on the GLS tracking site though, not on the PG one.
    Ah, right. I see what's happened.
    When you check tracking on the PG site it gives you a link, but that link is to a site called AfterShip. There, it shows that it's with GLS and has a tracking number, and sometimes updates on the package location but doesn't seem to be live tracking.
    At no point does PG or AfterShip link you to the GLS site which is - as you've said - where you find the 'real' tracking and the ParcelForce number. I hadn't thought to look up GLS seperately, I was relying on the less than useful AfterShip site to keep me updated. 

• DartmoorHedgehogDartmoorHedgehog Frets: 890
    edited August 2020
    DiscoStu said:

When you check tracking on the PG site it gives you a link, but that link is to a site called AfterShip.

Yes, sorry - when I said the PG tracking page I should have said "the link on the PG tracking page" - it is indeed AfterShip, which doesn't have as much info as GLS's own site.  I can only assume PG have used that link because they are using more than one courier and AfterShip works with all of them (albeit not with quite as much detail).

In other news, installing the Spark app on my phone completely freaked it out.  PG say they only support Android 8 and above, and mine is an oldish phone running 7.1 so I didn't really expect it to work but thought I'd try it anyway.  It seemed OK yesterday just to set up the amp, even if the fancy auto-jam stuff crashed.  But today the phone's been coming up with "Spark has stopped" every few minutes when the phone was just sat there doing nothing - Spark wasn't even running as far as I could tell.  Ended up uninstalling it.  I'll try again later but I think it may be time to stop being a miser and get a newer phone
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5720
    DiscoStu said:

When you check tracking on the PG site it gives you a link, but that link is to a site called AfterShip.

Yes, sorry - when I said the PG tracking page I should have said "the link on the PG tracking page" - it is indeed AfterShip, which doesn't have as much info as GLS's own site.  I can only assume PG have used that link because they are using more than one courier and AfterShip works with all of them (albeit not with quite as much detail).

In other news, installing the Spark app on my phone completely freaked it out.  PG say they only support Android 8 and above, and mine is an oldish phone running 7.1 so I didn't really expect it to work but thought I'd try it anyway.  It seemed OK yesterday just to set up the amp, even if the fancy auto-jam stuff crashed.  But today the phone's been coming up with "Spark has stopped" every few minutes when the phone was just sat there doing nothing - Spark wasn't even running as far as I could tell.  Ended up uninstalling it.  I'll try again later but I think it may be time to stop being a miser and get a newer phone
    You can get a 7 or 8 inch android tablet from argos for around £40 I believe. Might be an easier solution 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom