Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Positive grid spark amp

What's Hot

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    Tax for what? US sales tax only for people in the same state as them. If they’ve added VAT on ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    edited November 2019
    It's VAT, i got about $35 added onto mine which is 20% of the super early bird - it should have been clearer but it's dependant on which country you're ordering to which sets the final price.. lucky german's only had to pay 19%! Still a potentially good deal if it lives up to expectations..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    Ah ok. Cool. 
    Just had a look - there are over 10,000 pre-orders... seems like they've done alright for themselves here..
  • I've had good experiences with BiasFX on my iPAD, so I took a pint on the Early Bird offer (even though the added VAT was a bit of a surprise). The YouTube demos thankfully are fairly impressive, but it's noticeable there's no demo yet of the auto-accompaniment function... I suspect there's some software tweaking still going on there.
  • LuttiS said:
    It's VAT, i got about $35 added onto mine which is 20% of the super early bird - it should have been clearer but it's dependant on which country you're ordering to which sets the final price.. lucky german's only had to pay 19%! Still a potentially good deal if it lives up to expectations..
    Not sure how that added tax thing works? Are they saying they're settling some of  the import duties, or do you get to enjoy the privilege of paying them as well?  

Not stirring it, just never heard of this arrangement before.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    clarkefan said:
    LuttiS said:
    Not sure how that added tax thing works? Are they saying they're settling some of  the import duties, or do you get to enjoy the privilege of paying them as well?  

Not stirring it, just never heard of this arrangement before.
    I think they setup a European distribution hub to avoid additional import fees,etc. I’ve got a different Kickstarter project that has switched to doing that, pay 20% upfront and avoid extra shipping fees and Royal Mails “handling fee”.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Sophie Burrell has done a great youtube video on it. As. I said earlier though I like a footswitch , plus you might want to be able to record what you have done with the jam along band feature .
    Sophie Burrell has done a great youtube video on it. As. I said earlier though I like a footswitch , plus you might want to be able to record what you have done with the jam along band feature .
    It's got an interface capability so i imagine if you are using it as that you could probably record your jams.. maybe :)
  • Thread bump time...

Just wondering if anyone has had a go on these or any further thoughts? Gotta be honest, I'd never even heard of this until today and it piqued my interest.

@luttiS have you still got a pre-order in (or taken delivery)?

Thread bump time...

Just wondering if anyone has had a go on these or any further thoughts? Gotta be honest, I'd never even heard of this until today and it piqued my interest.

@luttiS have you still got a pre-order in (or taken delivery)?

It's been... Delayed... Due to 'overwhelming' demand.
    I'm super early bird so should be first batch in the next couple of weeks.

All the videos so far look good.
  • Im gonna jump onboard i think. 
    Or else move into my shed. Think the spark ia the safer option
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    A mate takes delivery in February and so I'm hoping to have a go.

The demos look good. The only 'Cons' I've read is that it should have some sort of footswitch.
    Kebabkid said:

The demos look good. The only 'Cons' I've read is that it should have some sort of footswitch.
    I'm not too fussed about a foot switch. A line out other than headphones would have been nice though..
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    LuttiS said:
    Kebabkid said:

I'm not too fussed about a foot switch. A line out other than headphones would have been nice though..
    I agree :)
    Update on the site says super early bird (me) should be shipping this week! 

Colour me unconvinced!
    26 minute later update: confirmation of shipping.

:)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I want one! 
  • I would have bought one if they'd ship it to me. I'll have to wait a bit.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires