Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Positive grid spark amp

What's Hot

Comments

• skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
    I had vat on top. Also PayPal didn't convert the USD for some reason so I got tagged for another £6 currency conversion. My Amex bill states £214.84.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    edited March 2020
    I am happy to stand corrected. Amp arrived today. Had a ten minute mess around and seems good. Slightly iffy build quality on the music volume control, but am pretty pleased. Would have been nice if the headphones I ordered as part of my package had been included though...
  • ccartccart Frets: 5
    ellwood said:
    I am happy to stand corrected. Amp arrived today. Had a ten minute mess around and seems good. Slightly iffy build quality on the music volume control, but am pretty pleased. Would have been nice if the headphones I ordered as part of my package had been included though...
    What are you thoughts now that you've had it a few days? I've been back and fourth between putting in an order and getting a Yamaha THRii instead. Quite interested in how good it can do a fender clean tone but also over how good it sounds and how well the app works with it. YouTube still lacking any real end user reviews. 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    ccart said:
    ellwood said:
    What are you thoughts now that you've had it a few days? I've been back and fourth between putting in an order and getting a Yamaha THRii instead. Quite interested in how good it can do a fender clean tone but also over how good it sounds and how well the app works with it. YouTube still lacking any real end user reviews. 
    Join the spark user amp Facebook group, there are lots of end users playing buts and pieces. 

It does some very nice cleans, and can be easily tweaked to get what you want. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Apparently the headphone out works fine as a direct line to a PA or powered speaker... Now this changes things.. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ccart said:
    ellwood said:

For what I want I'm pretty impressed. Well worth it, and very useable. Enjoying working through the presets available on the tone cloud. I have no experience of the Yamaha - but would recommend the Spark to anyone
  • SparkySparky Frets: 90
    ellwood said:
    ccart said:
    ellwood said:

For what I want I'm pretty impressed. Well worth it, and very useable. Enjoying working through the presets available on the tone cloud. I have no experience of the Yamaha - but would recommend the Spark to anyone
    Still good tone at low volume?
    Sparky said:
    ellwood said:
    ccart said:
    ellwood said:

Still good tone at low volume?
    I'm using it with headphones. Tone is never going to be ultra lush - but for me the purpose of this is being able to achieve a decent, usable drive or a really lush clean at headphone volume. It sounds pretty good to me - but I'm not trying for vintage clarity or arena crushing rawk - I'm just noodling. For that, I'd say it's a perfect tool. And it's a bluetooth speaker. And it has jam tracks. And it can do the follow your playing trick. I like it. But I'm not asking a lot of it...
    As above, it is intended as a practice amp and I'd say it fills that criteria perfectly.
  • ccartccart Frets: 5
    It sounds really promising and pretty much what I am after, and even the price is good so its not like a big outlay.  The delivery times are probably the only thing holding me back now.  It says April-May delivery if you get in the next order batch but given the delays we've seen I'd expect that to be later.  So its either order and wait or go pick up a Yamaha THR whenever I like.  I might give the THR a whirl and trade in once the spark becomes more easily available.
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2173
    Take it they're not that good then? 

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Would interesting to hear it in a band mix but I wonder if it's loud enough 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I was planning on testing it with peoples, but the whole 'thing' happened...

I've read about people modding it for an external speaker jack, which is something to think about. 
    I reckon if loud enough it will do well enough in a mix. 
    I want one for the same reason I want a THR- sounds nice at low volumes for quiet practice. But the 'thing' has happened so I probably need to wait a little while.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11807
    The more i sit at home being bored the more i want to get this amp...

But i don't need it, already have a THR-10....
    Finally gave in and pulled the trigger. Call it lockdown madness.
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    Sparky said:
    Finally gave in and pulled the trigger. Call it lockdown madness.
    You should have it in time for the next virus!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^^ha yeah! They are still working on November orders from what I hear, but they are at full production now so getting out a lot faster now. 
    LuttiS said:
    ^^ha yeah! They are still working on November orders from what I hear, but they are at full production now so getting out a lot faster now. 
    I'm not going anywhere....
  • rossirossi Frets: 1699
    I am trying to get a refund but nuffink... so far
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom