Looking for a mic

Hi all, I’m looking for a microphone for recording vocals and acoustic guitar that is compatible with iPad/iPhone. I’m currently using a Focusrite iTrack Pocket (which isn’t too bad for the £15 I paid for it), but would prefer a more traditional mic that will sit in a mic stand. Under £100 would be nice.

Recommendations or advice would be most welcome, thanks in advance!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Do you want a dynamic or condenser?
    Does your preamp have phantom power?
  • westfordwestford Frets: 578
    A condenser I think. And I’m not using a preamp, the itrack gets power from the iPad/phone.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Your iTrack pocket does not have a microphone input so you won't be able to connect any sort of microphone to it. You will need an ipad/iphone compatible interface with phantom power to be able to use a condenser microphone, such as the iTrack solo.  
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6769
    So are you looking for a mic that will plug directly into the phone, or do you want to buy a new audio interface and mic?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • See for demo level projects on iPad etc you couldn’t go too far wrong with a Blue Yeti USB mic

sounds good, has plenty of options, headphone out and well built. 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    edited November 2019
    I've Apogee One with mic stand that works with Macs. I don't use it much these days. PM me if you're interested. 
  • westfordwestford Frets: 578
    mrkb said:
    So are you looking for a mic that will plug directly into the phone, or do you want to buy a new audio interface and mic?
    Looking for a mic that will plug into the phone. Have been doing a bit of research and if I get a usb camera adaptor, it opens up a range of USB mics.

See for demo level projects on iPad etc you couldn’t go too far wrong with a Blue Yeti USB mic

sounds good, has plenty of options, headphone out and well built. 
    Will look at that one, thanks!

Thanks for the offer camf, but not what I’m looking for right now.