Am I seeing things - Taylor Big baby

What's Hot
On my quest to find a good £500 guitar, I had a look at some videos of the Taylor BB. I am not 100% sure but are there two crews through the fret board holding it to the guitar? Seems a tad agricultural. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• lapua65lapua65 Frets: 10
    "screws" not "crews"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 201
    Probably. The Baby Taylor certainly does
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 1788
    Yep. I have the Big Baby Taylor but I was told it's so you can take the neck off and treat it like a travel guitar but it's small enough anyway.
     www.cairoeast.co.uk - Madness Tribute band (Bass Player) and guitarist elsewhere
    Feedback - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57885/
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1836
    Yes there are
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 4656
    Yes, I have one, they don't get in the way of playing.
    Is the moon asking me to stay long enough for the clouds to fly me away
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 169
    lapua65 said:
    On my quest to find a good £500 guitar
    Have you had a look at Eastmans?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RockerRocker Frets: 3464
    Do check out Sigma guitars.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 2889
    edited November 9
    shuikit said:
    lapua65 said:
    This. 

The Eastman e1D is highly rated. Bang on £500 as well.

They also do an OM model for the same money if you don't want a dred. 
  • enjoenjo Frets: 94
    edited November 9
    I just bought an Eastman E1OM and played an E1D in the shop, it was fantastic. To my eye (and ear) they were better than anything up to £1,500. I have to say the only thing I played that was a real noticeable improvement was a Martin OM-28 Re-imagined at the thick end of £3K. My E1OM replaced a Larrivee OM-03M and I'm not missing the Larrivee like I thought I would.

If you are specifically looking for a travel guitar I previously owned a GS Mini and sound wise I found it far less boxy sounding than the big baby.
  • lapua65lapua65 Frets: 10
    Kilgore said:
    shuikit said:
    lapua65 said:
    This. 

The Eastman e1D is highly rated. Bang on £500 as well.

They also do an OM model for the same money if you don't want a dred. 
    enjo said:
    I just bought an Eastman E1OM and played an E1D in the shop, it was fantastic. To my eye (and ear) they were better than anything up to £1,500. I have to say the only thing I played that was a real noticeable improvement was a Martin OM-28 Re-imagined at the thick end of £3K. My E1OM replaced a Larrivee OM-03M and I'm not missing the Larrivee like I thought I would.

If you are specifically looking for a travel guitar I previously owned a GS Mini and sound wise I found it far less boxy sounding than the big baby.

Thanks for the pointers. I agree that the Eastman is a super guitar. I am pretty sure it will be either the E1D or the AC122. I do prefer the cutaway and the onboard electronics, but for the money they do seem to be a step above the competition,
    I'll let you know.