SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Herman Miller Aeron Office Chair

That’s right: the big daddy of office chairs.

i work from home now most weeks and my shitty Ikea chair is killing me. 

Looking to pick up one of these bad boys, which seem to go for in the region of £250-£300 second hand.

So if you’re local to Chester/Manchester and have one in excellent condition - PM me.

Also: for sale - shitty Ikea chair
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    https://www.2ndhnd.com/ for all your Aeron needs

Just got a new IKEA Flintan and I have to say it is very good for all day working

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Thanks man. Will take a look.

all Ikea chairs are butt hell im afraid. For me, at least. Need that mesh seat!
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited November 2019
    I’ve had my Aeron for more than 10 years, and it still looks like new. I’ve never been able to get comfy in it though. The mesh seat and back are awesome, Keep you nice and cool, but the seat and back are joined together, so you can’t tilt the back forward without also titling the seat, and mines the fully loaded version too. I’ve been looking to buy a new better chair with mesh seat and back, but they all have that joined seat/back shit going on. Everyone seems to want to stick with that Aeron design, and not step out the box. Even all the other models of Herman Miller, do the same. Can’t be that bad though as I’ve used it for 10 years. But be prepared to fidget a lot. If there was something better with mesh seat and back, I’d buy it in a shot, as I don’t rate the Aeron at all.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11872
    I think they're amazing, since I had one at work in 2001

I use one every day, all day
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33780
    C is a better size if you want to play guitar on it.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11872
    octatonic said:

do you play on one with arms fitted? I have to move to the front of the seat to do it, so keep an old hefty Costco chair with arms removed for playing guitar
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33780
    octatonic said:

do you play on one with arms fitted? I have to move to the front of the seat to do it, so keep an old hefty Costco chair with arms removed for playing guitar
    Yeah I do. The larger size really helps in that regard.
    Depends on the guitar, a 335 is too big but a strat or tele is fine.

Love my Aeron, it works perfectly.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    I'm sitting on mine right now; it does need a bit of a service and one of the arms came off, but it's still better than any chair I've had at any place I've worked.
  • I work from home; it'll be mainly for doing boring computer shit :(
  • MikeS said:
    I’ve had my Aeron for more than 10 years, and it still looks like new. I’ve never been able to get comfy in it though. The mesh seat and back are awesome, Keep you nice and cool, but the seat and back are joined together, so you can’t tilt the back forward without also titling the seat, and mines the fully loaded version too. I’ve been looking to buy a new better chair with mesh seat and back, but they all have that joined seat/back shit going on. Everyone seems to want to stick with that Aeron design, and not step out the box. Even all the other models of Herman Miller, do the same. Can’t be that bad though as I’ve used it for 10 years. But be prepared to fidget a lot. If there was something better with mesh seat and back, I’d buy it in a shot, as I don’t rate the Aeron at all.
    I know this sounds daft seeing as you've had it 10 years, but have you fully read the instructions, because I've got one and the back and seat are independent of each other?
    Fretboard trader feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/65502/
    Basschat trader feedback: http://tinyurl.com/8yevyl6
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited November 2019
    Not properly independent. And it doesn’t go forward without tilting the seat too.

• I’ve just got one and it’s brilliant but it makes a strange (and loud) click and jolt when I lean forward. Have I got a setting wrong?  

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    robwright said:
    I’ve just got one and it’s brilliant but it makes a strange (and loud) click and jolt when I lean forward. Have I got a setting wrong?  
    Sounds like you need a chiropractor, Rob.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer