Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster discontinued?

What's Hot
Dinosaur Jr were on Adult Swim a couple of days ago and J Mascis mentioned that his signature Jazzmaster is no longer being manufactured. I've had mine for several years and it's a lovely guitar. Get one while you can!
Link to my trading feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• well that sucks.

funnilly enough (or not) i am thinking about saving towards a new guitar or bass and have always wanted a j mascis guitar. looks like the j it will be then.

it would be a shame if they stopped making them.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    I've got one with some really nice upgrades. Seymour Duncan's, gotoh locking tuners, fender trem, switchcraft switch and jack. 

It's a great guitar. I suspect that if they are discontinuing them it's because they are too good for the price!
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    It's because they've sold all of these they can and the kids now don't know who J Mascis is.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2019
    timhulio said:
    It's because they've sold all of these they can and the kids now don't know who J Mascis is.
    But that fella from Pretty Vicious plays one...
    And that girl from Black Honey

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • i will be ordering a j mascis this thursday (they seem to be sold out atm,waiting until the end of dec for next delivery).

fine by me though as i won't have the funds for it until end dec (£450 at my localish guitar shop which is a fair price i have to say).

cannot wait to get it i have to say (they do look great guitars).

now i need to try and learnsome dinosaur jn.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    now, i need to try and learn some dinosaur jr.
    Not necessarily.

What you will need to work at is finding the right combination of amplification and overdrive/distortion to get the best out of that guitar. Then, there may be set-up tweaks required to get the best out of the vibrato system.
    Be seeing you.
  • have just come back from swindon after laying down a deposit on a j masic guitar.

actually ended up going to kempster & sons as they had one in stock.

was undecided between the j mascis or a cv 70's jazz bass in natural (i had contacted them previously to ask if they had either in stock,they did).

in the end the j mascis won out (i have just recently bought my first bass an affinity jazz). was thinking trading it towards the cv jazz,but after trying both i had decided on the guitar.

it was lovely to play and hadsome great sounds (played badly tbrough a katana amp i think it was).

anyhoo a deposit was paid and hopefully i will pay the rest off by 19th dec (crimbo comes early for me lol).

cannot bloody wait :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1385
    edited November 2019
    One just showed up in Spain, where I am currently, brand new for €437/£370 . Gah! Gas....!
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1385
    edited November 2019
    Persuade me that I don’t need this. Please ! I spied one for £370 new.
    I already have replacement pickups , pickguard, staytrem bridge....Gah !!
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1207
    edited November 2019
    Persuade me that I don’t need this. Please ! I spied one for £370 new.
    I already have replacement pickups , pickguard, staytrem bridge....Gah !!
    Do it. Do it. Do it...........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I don´t *need* any other guitars. The horror of it all :(
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    NelsonP said:
    timhulio said:
    But that fella from Pretty Vicious plays one...
    And that girl from Black Honey

Are hipsters ironically playing Squiers now?
  • I don´t *need* any other guitars. The horror of it all :(
    Since when did need become an issue???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • well my friends i have finally got a j mascis guitar (just got back from swindon about an hour ago).

i have to say am loving it (awful playing not withstanding lol).

i ended up selling my ps4 and external hdd to get the funrs but man was it worth it.

i only have a rumble 15 bass amp and zoom b1on bass multi fx pedal atm but it does sound great through them actually (i do plan on buying a guitar amp and fx one day for it when funds allow).

i can definitely understand why they are highly rated guitars by some people.

chuffed to bits with it

• Glad you're enjoying it!
    I passed up a fender purple sparkle J Masic when they first came out and I've regretted it ever since.
    Anyone seen the utterly wrecked Squier J Mascis for sale on ebay? I was actually a little tempted to get it and rewire just for the feel of the neck and the pickups alone ...
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Squier-Fender-Jazzmaster-J-Mascis-Relic-guitar/264553111251?hash=item3d98981ed3:g:mYwAAOSwfCRd143m
  • Glad you're enjoying it!
    I passed up a fender purple sparkle J Masic when they first came out and I've regretted it ever since.
    Anyone seen the utterly wrecked Squier J Mascis for sale on ebay? I was actually a little tempted to get it and rewire just for the feel of the neck and the pickups alone ...
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Squier-Fender-Jazzmaster-J-Mascis-Relic-guitar/264553111251?hash=item3d98981ed3:g:mYwAAOSwfCRd143m
    Holy crap, that has been abused! It looks like the finish has been taken off with a heat gun in places. 
  • I know..... But my god I want it :angry: 
  • @freakboy1610 why pay a thousand extra for some Custom Shop guy to relic when you got a heat gun?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom