SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

McIlroy A30 with K and K plus Hiscox pro 2 hardcase.....SOLD

What's Hot
andrewjwandrewjw Frets: 7
edited January 2020 in Acoustics £
2000 Dermot McIlroy A 30 in excellent condition , low action with plenty of room on the split saddle for further adjustment.

Professionally fitted with K and K mini pick up 3 years ago...lives in a  Hiscox pro 2 hard case.

Indian Rosewood back/sides with German Spruce top...Koa /Sycamore bindings.

Five piece Mahogany/Sycamore neck with Koa bindings...

Ebony fingerboard plus Abalone /RW/Koa and Sycamore Rosette..

South American Rosewood bridge with split bone saddle ...excellent intonation all the way up the fretboard.

Gotoh tuners...smooth and functional.

A few tiny marks here and there ....but then anyone interested in a guitar like this will want to look at it and play it anyway...most welcome to do  this...only myself and one other [luthier] owner from new.

In Plymouth...loads more pics available on request.

https://i.postimg.cc/Xv6sR9GB/4521-A22-C-AEBA-4952-B1-C1-409-EEDD55-B44-1-201-a.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/d14nZXWG/1600-ED1-C-4-DED-4772-B2-FD-CFC714-DF7-EDB.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Classy guitar at a nice price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 615
    Any pictures of the back and sides?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewjwandrewjw Frets: 7
    edited November 2019
    0-F3-CBDDB-6-EAD-4534-9354-35-D7-EACF967-D-1-201-a
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Epsilon said:
    Any pictures of the back and sides?
    Hope these help...thanks for your interest! =)
  • andrewjwandrewjw Frets: 7
    edited November 2019
    This is how the guitar sounds...standard tuning...capo on 2nd fret...

https://app.box.com/s/oxkvshqgwz5w4khe374yfmv2mb4gbas7
  • KarnakKarnak Frets: 16
    Who is the singer. Lovely song and playing.
  • Karnak said:
    Who is the singer. Lovely song and playing.
    Many thanks! My wife Jane is singing and playing keys...I'm playing the guitar and square necked reso..
  • KarnakKarnak Frets: 16
    What a talented couple. Well done you two.
  • Is that the sound of it through the K&K or mic'd? Mic'd, I'm guessing..? Sounds great. 

Do you two have a YouTube channel or any more material because that was fantastic... Is that your own adaption of that song on guitar? Really really good.
  • Is that the sound of it through the K&K or mic'd? Mic'd, I'm guessing..? Sounds great. 

Do you two have a YouTube channel or any more material because that was fantastic... Is that your own adaption of that song on guitar? Really really good.
    We are very flattered Thomas ...thank you! The guitar [and reso] are mic'd using a pair of Rode NT5's in XY pattern..Jane's vocal is through a Rode NT1A all via an interface into Garage Band..
    The guitar part is my own version but with big influence from Archie Fisher...
    We don't have a you tube channel...just do recordings at home from time to time for fun..helps the long Winter days away.

This one is more seasonal...same format except that I'm playing a bit of mandolin on this track too..thanks again!

https://app.box.com/s/g1xikdq3x1hhs2r51k4mg9fjwl5fuo7r  "Mary did you Know?"

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited December 2019
    Ahhh this is so awesome. I absolutely love that style... I'm trying to do similar myself so I think it's awesome you can get your awesome wife to do her great vocals to your guitar... just brilliant. 

I like the bended notes you do (what are you doing there - are they bends or is it actually slide?). Guitar sounds great... playing is right up my street. Singing great. Do you two play live? 

Just checking out Archie Fisher now - new one for me!

• Ahhh this is so awesome. I absolutely love that style... I'm trying to do similar myself so I think it's awesome you can get your awesome wife to do her great vocals to your guitar... just brilliant. 

I like the bended notes you do (what are you doing there - are they bends or is it actually slide?). Guitar sounds great... playing is right up my street. Singing great. Do you two play live? 

Just checking out Archie Fisher now - new one for me!

Many thanks once again...The note bending is all down to the square necked reso. We used to play live but these days there aren't so many places where our sort of music is appreciated...also got fed up lugging heavy PA stuff around so now it is just for fun at home.
  • Asking price reduction from £1799 to £1650....
  • Sadly I don’t need this but that is a wonderful guitar at a silly cheap price.
  • Sadly I don’t need this but that is a wonderful guitar at a silly cheap price.
    Thank you! 
  • I don't need this either, but they are lovely guitars and it is a very good price. Perhaps someone will buy themselves a Christmas present!
  • Amazing, fancy a trade for my Brook?it's in the classifieds? :) 
  • Amazing, fancy a trade for my Brook?it's in the classifieds? :) 
    Many thanks...I'm only selling the guitar because I have a 12 fret parlour on order...the old one in one out rule. If that wasn't the case I'd have been really interested in doing a trade for your Brook ...a lovely instrument and made only a few miles from here.