Replacing an Ovation Celbrity soundhole rosette?

What's Hot
I was lucky to pick up this Korean Ovation Celebrity at the bric-a-brac table at our local church this weekend for £50 - I've given it a good clean and restring, and I doubt whether I'll ever be truly happy with its intonation or the height of its action, but hey, £50.

The previous owner seems to have removed the rosette for some reason, and I figured I would be able to install a replacement myself.  But I've done a lot of Googling over the last few days and I'm not really sure what I should buy.

Does anyone have any experience or advice please?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    I once nearly got my arm stuck in one of those while I was re-fitting the jack which had fallen in. I pushed my elbow in too far and it was a real struggle to get it back out without ripping the rosette off - for several minutes I thought I was going to have to, then re-glue it... and it might have been an option, except that the customer was waiting in the front of the shop for my "just wait there, I can do that in two minutes" repair :).

Anyway... as far as I know all Ovation rosettes are the same size, but if in doubt measure the soundhole diameter and the outer edge of the non-faded ring in the finish and you should be able to check if a new one will fit. I did a quick Google too, but most of them seem to be out of stock unfortunately. If you can find one you'll just need to scrape off the remains of the old glue and stick the new one on.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Found one at the shop :).

Outer diameter 140mm
    Soundhole diameter 105mm
    Neck gap 57mm

Any good?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 879
    My soundhole is 113mm but I think the rosette needs to have a smaller internal diameter so 105mm sounds good, and my neck gap is 57.5mm so that sounds right too - how much is it please @ICBM ?

I finally managed to stick a 9V battery in today and it worked, which was nice :)
    PM sent :).