Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Black Friday Guitar magazine subscription offer.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1185
    edited November 2019
    Going to get on that. I was subscribed to Guitarist but got fed up because it was so repetitive and just full of dross. "Here's some gear. It costs X amount of pounds. Buzzword. Edge-of-breakup. Transparent. SRV. Blues licks. Vintage. 9/10 Guitarist Choice stamp."
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    Don't found the website to subscribe ☺️
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have subscription but now its changed from Anthem publishing to Bandlab I cannot log into my account to see any details on either site (last issue due etc).
    Anyone else have this problem? 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    Does it come in French?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Red ones are better. 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    crunchman said:
    Strat54 said:
    Sorry guys, no such thing as a free lunch....
    " 2020 sees Guitarist celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Joe Bonamassa's studio debut A New Day Yesterday with a feature every month on the legendary guitarist. Joe will also appear on the front cover each month all the way through to December where there will be the opportunity to win a Meet & Greet with the artist himself for one lucky reader. 2020 will also see Joe taking the editiors chair for the year, so expect to read even more about The Blues each month. We sincerely hope you are as excited as we are "
    Much as I’m annoyed by know it alls on here who correct me ( :smile:  ) that’s the wrong magazine. 
    The Guitar Magazine is full of offsets these days.
    Yes if you actually like Rock music, it’s Hobson’s choice. Offset hipster mag vs M4 Corridor Blues fanzine featuring Bonamassa as the only person not living on the M4 corridor. It’s a long way from Steven Rosens Guitar World articles of the 1980’s. 
  • "Offset hipster mag"?!?!? 

Guitar has evolved to reflect a changing market. Fender and Squier currently offer 18 Jazzmaster models - how many were there 10 years ago? Four or five?

Even so, from a flick through the last three issues, offsets are still very much a minority. 

There's only been one on the cover in 2019, and one in 2018. 
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks ordered

• King85King85 Frets: 631
    My first one arrived yesterday, going to have a browse at work today  :3
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3616
    Just got back in the country and mine was waiting.

Includes  a nice calendar from ATB too!
  • Very nice Fender calendar
  • TimmyO said:
    Guys check out Readly - for one monthly sub I read Guitarist, Guitar, Acoustic (and a heap of other stuf) 
    And American Guitar Magazine and Total Guitar and Guitar techniques ....
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Very nice Fender calendar
    Agreed, I was pleasantly surprised by the calendar.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    edited December 2019
    jeztone2 said:
    crunchman said:
    Strat54 said:
    Sorry guys, no such thing as a free lunch....
    " 2020 sees Guitarist celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Joe Bonamassa's studio debut A New Day Yesterday with a feature every month on the legendary guitarist. Joe will also appear on the front cover each month all the way through to December where there will be the opportunity to win a Meet & Greet with the artist himself for one lucky reader. 2020 will also see Joe taking the editiors chair for the year, so expect to read even more about The Blues each month. We sincerely hope you are as excited as we are "
    Much as I’m annoyed by know it alls on here who correct me ( smile  ) that’s the wrong magazine. 
    The Guitar Magazine is full of offsets these days.
    Yes if you actually like Rock music, it’s Hobson’s choice. Offset hipster mag vs M4 Corridor Blues fanzine featuring Bonamassa as the only person not living on the M4 corridor. It’s a long way from Steven Rosens Guitar World articles of the 1980’s. 

Gear of the decade feature in the latest issue.  Mostly digital things like the Kemper and Polytune, which is fair enough, but 2 electric guitars in there - both offsets.  Sorry, but a Vintera Jazzmaster is not Gear of the Decade, and neither is some boutique thing that 95% of guitarist will never have heard of.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3616
    TimmyO said:
    Guys check out Readly - for one monthly sub I read Guitarist, Guitar, Acoustic (and a heap of other stuf) 
    But that's online.

I hate trying to read mags/books online, much prefer paper versions. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    Neil said:
    TimmyO said:
    But that's online.

I hate trying to read mags/books online, much prefer paper versions. 
    Horse for courses. 

I like having dozens of magazines and all their back issues available on my iPad. Content is searchable too - find articles about specific things - tis cool 
    Red ones are better.