Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho Out

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    gutted that the massive twat that is JM is back in business and no doubt on our screens..talking about himself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 10/10 for commitment, @TTony and @scrumhalf . I get the 'only under these circumstances' attitude, in that there are certain players (and managers) I definitely wouldn't want to root for, but you have reserves of hope and patience at which I can only marvel!

I'll be thinking of you when Jose drops Kane for Zlatan…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A glorified Pulis. They'll be pining for the old days before Xmas. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    A glorified Pulis. They'll be pining for the old days before Xmas. 
    Is it Xmas already??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    First press conference was very encouraging.

Said lots of the right things - but he’s had enough time to perfect that in the last 11 months (he was always going to re-appear somewhere).

And if he really can persuade Gareth Bale to return, that’ll be enough for many fans to overlook a lot.

Benefit of the doubt (etc), I guess we have to see if a Mourinho can change his spots ...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very similar press conference to when he joined utd, when he is winning he's brilliant. At the minute he's the darling of the press. I thought when he was at utd he was there for the long haul but when he had to park the bus as you sometimes have to the press turned on him. The first two years were pretty good but it went south rapidly when he thought he wasn't backed.  I think he will win something with spurs he's a very astute and you can't argue with his record. At least spurs are about the football side unlike utd where clicks and £s rule. I think spurs fans can be more optimistic than us utd fans. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I expected him to do really well at ManU.  Whatever you say about the ££s ruling there, their transfer budget is ridiculous compared to Spurs’.  And Mourinho likes spending.  It’s a quick route to trophies.

He’s got a very different situation at Spurs.  Little ££s, and probably the strongest financial-control boss in the business.  Levy gets a lot of criticism, but he’s run THFC Ltd very astutely over the years.

In the last few years, thanks to Poch, we managed to have both a sound business (regrettably, football *IS* a business now) AND a good team.  

This season - and second half of last - I was disappointed that Poch stuck with some of the want-aways and didn’t promote more of the “youth” (some of whom are now early 20s).  If Mourinho can refresh the team from within, rather than buying his old mates again, then perhaps there’s still a chance of continuing with Spurs as Spurs rather than creating another identikit Mourinho team.

Guess we’ll see ...
  • Blindwilly3fingersBlindwilly3fingers Frets: 23
    edited November 2019
    Mourniho is a winner, I'm not sure about it being his mates he brings in? I think he looks at what player can fit his team and best benefit his chance of winning. I don't think he sees more than 1 season at a time which is why he doesn't worry about players ages. As has been said Levy is astute and has built spurs with a long term plan. I may be wrong but Levy needs a trophy, he can then market spurs as winners. For spurs fans I hope he is not like Woodward and prepared to whore the club out to everything imaginable. Although if he does there is more chance of spurs football club benefitting than parasites like the Glazers.
    I think Jose will be successful at spurs but it may end up short term.

Just to add utd's budget the last couple of years has been around 70mil net per year. OK money was wasted a few seasons ago due to Woodward's incompetence for example: Jose wanted Maguire when he was 60mil Woodward said no he's no better than we have. Then goes back a year later and buys him for 80+, can't see Levy making that sort of gaff. 
  • Give him this season and he'll be paid off once again.  Utter shitehead
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Spurs fans probably need to ask themselves if shitfesting their way to a league cup will be worth the absolute tatters that the club will be in when he's finished...
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    He probably will win a trophy at Spurs, it's what he does, but being as all his other clubs have been big and successful with an open cheque book and bottomless pit of money, it's going to be interesting to see how the egotistical little narcissist gets on at a shit club with a director who's tighter than a gnat's chuff.
    We'll see.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    Well, we won away which we haven't done for quite a while. And he's got Dele playing again.

• GuyRGuyR Frets: 1335
    proggy said:
    it's going to be interesting to see how the egotistical little narcissist gets on at a shit club with a director who's tighter than a gnat's chuff.
    We'll see.
    He did ok at Manchester United?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalf said:
    Well, we won away which we haven't done for quite a while. And he's got Dele playing again.

It's one game..  in which we reverted to type towards the end...  but it was a great feeling to win again.. long may it last.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

And now, 2 wins later, and we’re 5th.  Add an extra win and we’re also through to the Champions League knockout stage (and - more importantly - dodged the Europa League bullet).

Does that mean that Poch was just a couple of wins away from keeping his job, and another 5 years?

Mourinho seems to have lost his bus too.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    The defence is still suspect. Aurier is good going forward but no good for the blood pressure when defending.

But Moussa scored!
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    scrumhalf said:
    The defence is still suspect. Aurier is good going forward but no good for the blood pressure when defending.

But Moussa scored!
    Dele was on fire yesterday. I've not seen him so up for it in months.

It feels like the whole team have been reignited. They want to really play again. I suspect that's more to do with the shock of the manager being changed rather than anything else.

Defence still an issue unfortunately.