Peach and DPD

What's Hot
CollingsCollings Frets: 411
I've just ordered a guitar from Peach.

Does anyone know if a tracking number is sent out from DPD or Peach so I can track it?

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes you'll get your tracking number once the guitar has actually been despatched. I've ordered two guitars from Peach in the last year and got tracking numbers both times.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    Yes you'll get your tracking number once the guitar has actually been despatched. I've ordered two guitars from Peach in the last year and got tracking numbers both times.
    Thanks I assumed that would be the case.

Don,t often mail order gear and if it's expensive tend to worry a bit.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    If you have the tracking number then usually by about 9 am on day of delivery if you track it on dpd website (need track no and yr postcode) you should be able to see hour window for delivery i.e. Between 1100 and 1200 or whatever which is very useful. Saves you looking out the window all day haha
  • Quite often once I've got the DPD email I've used the upgrade option to get the item before midday for an extra fiver.

• Keep your eyes pealed though... DPD have a habit of not delivering so well, especially on a Friday ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    If you've provided your mobile at the time of the booking, DPD invariably provide text alerts.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
     Wazmeister said:
    Keep your eyes pealed though... DPD have a habit of not delivering so well, especially on a Friday ;)
    Every courier sucks equally as bad as the other. You just have to hope that on your delivery day they're having an off day and it goes to plan...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1050
    I got one delivered from them a few weeks ago. You get a text in the morning before 11.00am giving you a delivery window of a couple of hours. Think my text arrived about 8.30. Smooth transaction from Peach. 
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    I got a DPD delivery from dV247 and it all went smoothly from Germany .i got texts and also the opportunity to pick it up from a local store which can be handy .
    Keep your eyes pealed though... DPD have a habit of not delivering so well, especially on a Friday ;)
    Or maybe not collecting!

Had a call from Peach yesterday evening telling me the DPD had not picked up so they are having to re-arrange delivery
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    It's the inevitable rise in collections at this time of year + Black Friday etc etc.........well that's the glass half full version. Carrier shenanigans do seem to rise at weekends generally.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • diapdiap Frets: 135

Collings said:
    Or maybe not collecting!

Had a call from Peach yesterday evening telling me the DPD had not picked up so they are having to re-arrange delivery

SRich said:
    It's the inevitable rise in collections at this time of year + Black Friday etc etc.........well that's the glass half full version. Carrier shenanigans do seem to rise at weekends generally.
    Get it picked up on Monday if you can. Depot football always happens at the weekend!
  • Collings said:
    Or maybe not collecting!

Hmmm, I did try and warn you :)
    edited November 2019
    My experience with Peach has been a bit hit and miss with getting the items out on the day they say it will. Whether that's them or the courier I don't know, all I know is that I've found other suppliers much, much more reliable and efficient. And if I remember correctly the cost to return something like an amp or a guitar was a fair bit more expensive than other retailers so I generally don't use Peach. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    My experience with Peach has been a bit hit and miss with getting the items out on the day they say it will. Whether that's them or the courier I don't know, all I know is that I've found other suppliers much, much more reliable and efficient. 
    Well I,ll take them at their word that the courier did not turn up. They did however organise a Saturday delivery for me and thankfully that all went well.
    edited November 2019
    Sure. And DPD are notoriously bad. But all I'm saying is that I don't get these issues elsewhere. Could be the location, that particular depot. Who knows.
  • I have excellent customer service from DPD. But I think part of our generally good allround courier experience is because we live in the countryside. Couriers tend to get it right first time so they don't have to come all the way out here again.

• ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    edited November 2019
    I have excellent customer service from DPD. But I think part of our generally good allround courier experience is because we live in the countryside. Couriers tend to get it right first time so they don't have to come all the way out here again.
    You're lucky. I live out in the countryside as well, but a little bit tucked away. Unfortunately, to this day, Sat Navs don't know where I am, though I'm actually not far from the nearest main road. If I'm having stuff delivered, I try and make sure the Courier has my home phone number so that they can ring me up for directions.
  • I have excellent customer service from DPD. But I think part of our generally good allround courier experience is because we live in the countryside. Couriers tend to get it right first time so they don't have to come all the way out here again.
    You're lucky. I live out in the countryside as well, but a little bit tucked away. Unfortunately, to this day, Sat Navs don't know where I am, though I'm actually not far from the nearest main road. If I'm having stuff delivered, I try and make sure the Courier has my home phone number so that they can ring me up for directions.
    Although we're in a small village we thankfully don't have that issue, being a signed road.

• I’m hoping to buy something from peach just before or after Xmas as they seem to offer exemplary service and from what I’ve read perform a check list  and make sure everything is good and the guitar set up well . My purchase is not super expensive to most but a lot to me ,and going by what everyone says it should be possible to get a good examp,e of the guitar I want