spotify ...idiots guide...school me

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
edited November 2019 in Off Topic
So spotify, £15 family for 6 users 

Am i right in thinking 6 people who live at different addresses can club together £2.50 a month and get the deal ,T&c says all must live in the same home but how do they know ?
also can each user acess spotify on all their devices ? phones /tablets and computers ?or are you only allowed 1 device 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2283
    The IP address would be the same from the same residence 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    It’s so cheap anyway I don’t see any reason to try and cheat the system.

Great value for individuals at a tenner and if you have a family use get the family membership. 

I guess if your family don't live at home all the time (sons and daughters at uni etc) it’s still technically a family membership but stretching the TCs.

Splitting it between 6 mates who all live separately isn’t in the spirit.

Given that most people listen on mobile devices I’m not sure IP addresses matching would be a big issue. It’s down to morals.

Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    I think each family member gets 3 devices each

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    Iamnobody said:
    It’s so cheap anyway I don’t see any reason to try and cheat the system.

Great value for individuals at a tenner and if you have a family use get the family membership. 

I guess if your family don't live at home all the time (sons and daughters at uni etc) it’s still technically a family membership but stretching the TCs.

Splitting it between 6 mates who all live separately isn’t in the spirit.

Given that most people listen on mobile devices I’m not sure IP addresses matching would be a big issue. It’s down to morals.

This! Ultimately your getting access to a huge music resource for very little money, don’t misuse the system. I have accessed on 5 devices (some home streaming devices can access Spotify now) so I’m not sure there’s a limit per person.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • We have Google Play Music which is I think £9.99 per month. Doesn’t seem limited to location, it’s used by my son on his mobile, my other son up in Leeds, me on my iPad,etc. You can’t share play lists but otherwise quite similar to Spotify and it can suggest YouTube videos of songs ( if that’s helpful). I have a google home mini thing in the kitchen and it likes Google Play so I can ask it for my playlists, etc. 
    I do have Prime Music as I’m an Amazon Prime member but I’m not sure I’ve ever used it. The library is a lot smaller than Play or Spotify so I’m not sure why I’d bother at the moment. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 231
    We use spotify family - my son moved out and still uses it - the 4 of use use it all over the place home and abroad without issue
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    I had a spare ‘slot’ available so let my Mum use it.   She’s registered blind these day but can still just about see enough to work Spotify - and it’s brought her a completely new lease of life. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    I believe the accounts need to initially set up from the same IP address. After that you can do what you like. I am not 100% positive though. I think I read that on the Spotify page (?)
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12313
    If you already have Amazon prime you can get unlimited music for £3.99 a month. 16million songs or thereabouts. The free service that comes with prime has 2 million. As a fan of old blooze music, the free service has tons and tons of the stuff.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"