Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Black Friday

What's Hot
I really shouldn't really be spending any money on guitars or anything guitar related but I'm a sucker for a sale. So does anyone know of any black Friday deals that will be taking place? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If my inbox is anything to go by, every shop in the world is having a Black Friday sale
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Yeah pretty much every shop will have some sort of deals - I don't think anything's been announced in advance though. Guitarguitar and Richtone were pretty good last year from what I remember. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5405
    Coda seems to have all their offers up already. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Why am I following this thread when I know what I'm like
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8790
    I already scored my Black Friday mega-deal. Last Friday, on the classifieds on here whilst getting royally sloshed on a train from Durham \m/
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    I thought it was last week! Amazon were spamming me with Black Friday ads all last week.

I should have known though - I haven’t seen any footage on the news of people queuing up and brawling over large screen TVs in Asda.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Richtone used to do great Black Friday and New Years sales but this year they’ve announced they’re not doing anything at all for Black Friday which is very disappointing 

Coda’s again used to have a great sale but the last two years haven’t been worth bothering 

Andertons and GAK are the worst for sales fullstop

GG have some reasonable deals on Gibson CS models albeit the crap that nobody wants 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Richtone used to do great Black Friday and New Years sales but this year they’ve announced they’re not doing anything at all for Black Friday which is very disappointing 

Coda’s again used to have a great sale but the last two years haven’t been worth bothering 

Andertons and GAK are the worst for sales fullstop

GG have some reasonable deals on Gibson CS models albeit the crap that nobody wants 
    Coda’s got some decent bargains, and had some last year too. Not everything is marked down all that much but I thought there were a few nice bits that look priced to move...

Andertons only seem have broken/damaged stuff...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3971
    If my inbox is anything to go by, every shop in the world is having a Black Friday sale
    and has been for about a month
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    Don't know what you're all seeing, I can't see a single thing on Coda, that looks anything remotely like a good buy, never mind a bargain. Unless they've all sold, and I'm late to the party.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    The good stuff has gone ;)

By the way, I noticed they had a "patch burst" R9 priced at approx £3000, which was a terrific buy. I swithered too long and missed out. It wasn't up long. Anyone here buy it?

MikeS said:
    Don't know what you're all seeing, I can't see a single thing on Coda, that looks anything remotely like a good buy, never mind a bargain. Unless they've all sold, and I'm late to the party.
    Gibson ES275s for £2399
    Loads of R8s (in lefties too) and even an R7 all varying degrees of south of £3k doesn’t seem too bad. 

edited November 2019
    Whitecat said:
    MikeS said:
    Gibson ES275s for £2399
    Loads of R8s (in lefties too) and even an R7 all varying degrees of south of £3k doesn’t seem too bad. 

£1 south of £3k, isn't what I'd call south. =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    MikeS said:
    Whitecat said:
    MikeS said:
    Gibson ES275s for £2399

£1 south of £3k, isn't what I'd call south. =)
    Some are less though. Under £3k for a CS Les Paul was pretty much unheard of until they ruined everything last year, and now nobody even considers that a deal. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have always found the Black Friday sales seriously underwhelming 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    edited November 2019
    MikeS said:
    goldtop R7's at £2999, which whatever way you slice it, is the best part of three grand

edit; see someone's already mentioned, but there is more than one, there's a darkback and a light back, which is, near as damn it, two

I'd have gone for one if my LP had sold on here,

you bastards
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody said:
    I thought it was last week! Amazon were spamming me with Black Friday ads all last week.
    LOL - same here. I said to the missus on Saturday morning "Black Friday seems to be really subdued this year compared to last. She was like "really"?????  After a confused half minute  of back and forth, I realised why it had seemed so subdued. D'oh!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Reidy's have some good discounts on the Vintera series, or at least closer to how they should have been priced in the first place around £600-ish
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited November 2019
    Andertons announcing their sale live on their video channel at 7pm on Thursday. 

A pound off everything I should think
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    black friday is ace, better than xmas for me
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!