Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Black Friday

What's Hot

Comments

• MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    tony99 said:
    black friday is ace, better than xmas for me
    What have you bought?  =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27472
    Just in case anyone is interested. ...

I’ll be having a Black Friday sale.
    :)

Everything (all the crap I’ve not found a mug to buy all year) will be reduced by 25%

After I’ve put all the prices up by 50% on mug Thursday.

Please form an orderly queue.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    MikeS said:
    tony99 said:
    black friday is ace, better than xmas for me
    What have you bought?  =)
    nothing yet Mick, but I've no doubt I end up with an R7.....somehow
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    “Black Friday sales offer few real discounts says Which?”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50551415

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:

It's fair comment, I'd actually go one further and say that all the ex-demo and ex-display models are a bit of a swizz too, that's not what Black Friday is about, they go against the whole spirit of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    ICBM said:

It's fair comment, I'd actually go one further and say that all the ex-demo and ex-display models are a bit of a swizz too, that's not what Black Friday is about, they go against the whole spirit of it.
    It's because we always miss the point in the UK when we try to adopt some one else's idea. In theory 1 day in the year where retailers throw caution to the wind and slash prices to drum up a spending frenzy works, trouble is black friday now seems to start in October and runs right through to the boxing day sales! 

You can bet that whatever your looking at now will be the same price or less come the January sales, especially non seasonal goods.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    There must be a reason why it started (in America) and had genuine bargains. Maybe getting rid of their non-xmas stock to make room? Just a guess.

But it's definitely been completely bastardised now and is largely a con. There will be the classic tricks like inflating prices of certain things in advance only to return them to their right price, or just a little bit below, to make it look as if the Black Friday bargain is a big discount.

Another thing is that things seem to be made specifically, and exclusively, to be sold for Black Friday. TV's with a brand that isn't available at any other time of the year. At other times of the year, if a TV (for example) is very cheap, the customer assumes it's low quality and costs have been cut/cheap components have been used etc. But because there's this general belief that on Black Friday you can get unbelievable deals, they'll believe they're getting a much better TV but it just has the magical discount.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    edited November 2019 tFB Trader
    These 2 would be my favourite, if I was sitting on your side of the fence and not a dealer - Also one or two nice 12 fret parlour style acoustics

https://www.coda-music.com/special-offers/gibson-memphis-historic-64-es345-frost-blue-60562.html  at £2399
    Gibson Memphis Historic 64 ES345 Frost Blue 60562  Was 3599

https://www.coda-music.com/special-offers/prs-dgt-antique-white-moons-246355.html at £2499
    PRS DGT  Antique White Moons 246355
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Black Friday was traditionally the day after thanks giving.

It's mutated, simply because it was destroying sales for retailers in the uk - started making zero margin and taking all the sales out of the festive period. 
    here's to you raise a glass for everyone
    here's to me and my bargain hunting chums
    do they know it's Black Friday at all....

*wipes away tear
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    These 2 would be my favourite, if I was sitting on your side of the fence and not a dealer - Also one or two nice 12 fret parlour style acoustics

https://www.coda-music.com/special-offers/gibson-memphis-historic-64-es345-frost-blue-60562.html  at £2399
    Gibson Memphis Historic 64 ES345 Frost Blue 60562  Was 3599

Oof! This one really pushes my buttons
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader

Okay - Guitars4You have now joined the Black Friday party 

Save £500 Off The Guitars4You Web Site Price, On Any New Fender Custom Shop Strat That Is Currently Listed For Sale On The Guitars4You Web site - Back Friday offer will commence Wednesday 26th Nov and finish Wednesday 4th Dec - Available mail order or via showroom visit (remember appointment only) - Available to UK or EU customers - Shipping via UPS as required - £15 UK Mainland - £45 to EU - Any transaction will have to be paid for in full prior to 4/12/19 - Part exchanges are not possible at these Black Friday Deals
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looking at the Coda and Guitars4You websites, there are some pretty good deals on CS Fenders at the moment. A good opportunity to buy if they have what you are already looking for. It won't help the sellers in the classifieds when you can get a brand new CS Tele or Strat for £2300-£2500.
  • Hands down the worst Black Friday over the past few years. 

Stores should just stay away from it if they have nothing of any real substance to offer 

That Andertons live stream last night was embarrassing 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22792
    There's some good stuff on the Peach and World Guitars sites today, but they're specific things rather than discounts across all brands.
    The worst black Friday for me was the one where Amazon lost the £800 Les Paul Classic I bought haha
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:
    The worst black Friday for me was the one where Amazon lost the £800 Les Paul Classic I bought haha
    I think the worst for me was missing out on a TV Yellow 2015 LPJ when they were selling them for about 50p
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Omg I’ve been looking at the Boss MS3 for a convenient board for rehearsals and small gigs etc. This Black Friday isn’t helping with keeping my money in the back account :( Thankfully there aren’t any deals on them anywhere :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    I think the worst for me was missing out on a TV Yellow 2015 LPJ when they were selling them for about 50p
    Yeh and the £280 tobacco burst ones. Oh well either of those guitars would be gone by now lol
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    I've just posted this in the acoustic section dont know if they sound good but they look great £250 off rrp now £199

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/190426342766008--dangelico-premier-madison-vintage-sunburst