Guild bluesbird 97 Rhode island built

What's Hot
Any views on the above? They seem very high quality, any of you guys own one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 615
    I've not played a 97 specifically, but I've played a number of the Westerly Bluesbirds and they have all been absolutely great. Different feel to Gibsons but not a million miles away. They have chambered bodies for one thing, which I'll leave to you to decide whether that's desirable or not (personally I'm a fan). Slightly brighter and low output humbuckers than on a standard LP. The neck profiles have been a little different. Some were quite thin (thinner than a Gibson 60s) and some pretty chunky, so worth playing in person if you can.

In terms of quality they are every bit the equal of a good Gibson LP, and certainly more consistent. That said they are not really a Les Paul substitute so if that's what you're after then go for a LP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the input, there aren't many of the Rhode island built models for sale but when they do come up they don't seem to command much money for a hand built usa guitar
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 615
    Yes, so keep quiet and let's keep it that way! Guilds are great value in the USA/vintage market.