Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So That Gary Moore Auction...

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
edited November 2019 in Guitar
I had a look online tonight and it should be retitled.

”Gary Moore: The Guitars you never actually saw him with”.

Where are the Ibanez’s from the Out In The Fields video?

Where are his Hamer signature models?

where is his Charvels used on the Empty Rooms era?

Where are the PRS Customs used on The Wild Frontier Tour? There was a red one and a white one.

what about the Heritage used on the After The War tour?

Also why has a Charvel model 6 been labelled as a model 4? Does someone want to offer me a fucking job at Gardiner Houlgate? Pretty schoolboy error that one.

The amps are a better representation of what he used. This is an attic clearance at best. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2942
    buy the Andy Lat SG instead.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Well, it’s a Gary Moore auction... right? And those were his guitars? ;)

I’m sure the estate are keeping some of the ones you’ve mentioned. He’s bound to have amassed quite a collection over the years. At least they all have the provenance of being owned and played by him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    I can't remember the provenance at all
    tae be or not tae be
  • Hootsmon said:
    I can't remember the provenance at all
    Great album
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A mate of mine bought a bunch of guitars off a very well-known player on the proviso that they not be sold on as having belonged to said famous guitarist.

Apparently, when you are a famous guitar player, companies just give you stuff for free. I’m sure Gary played all of those guitars at least once, whether that saw any serious use by him is another question
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1368
    jeztone2 said:

Also why has a Charvel model 6 been labelled as a model 4? Does someone want to offer me a fucking job at Gardiner Houlgate? Pretty schoolboy error that one.

You'd need to ascertain if it's neck thru or bolt on. Model 6 is neck thru and Model 4 bolt on. Model 4 also came with that control configuration and sharkfin inlays from 1987 I think. The body of the guitar in the auction looks like a Model 4 body, shorter fatter horns. Model 6 had longer slimmer horns.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    there's some stuff there that I fancy, surprisingly not the Gary Moore lots.  Although there are a couple of pedals that look cool...
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    edited November 2019
    Double post. Appeared hours after my original. Glitch in system?
    edited November 2019
    I take it these guys don't ship guitars?
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited November 2019
    Nightswan said:
    You can arrange UPS to collect. You need to do it though, make all the arrangements, but they will pack it and print off the label if you email it to them, and attach it ready for UPS, but at a cost. Think it's a tenner. This worked out to be the most affordable way I did it without the cost of one of the third party shippers. I'll be winning something in the GM auction (guaranteed) ;)  , so will be doing the same again.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    MikeS said:
    Nightswan said:
    You can arrange UPS to collect. You need to do it though, make all the arrangements, but they will pack it and print off the label if you email it to them, and attach it ready for UPS, but at a cost. Think it's a tenner. This worked out to be the most affordable way I did it without the cost of one of the third party shippers. I'll be winning something in the GM auction (guaranteed) ;)  , so will be doing the same again.
    Good man! Thanks!
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Nightswan said:
    jeztone2 said:

You'd need to ascertain if it's neck thru or bolt on. Model 6 is neck thru and Model 4 bolt on. Model 4 also came with that control configuration and sharkfin inlays from 1987 I think. The body of the guitar in the auction looks like a Model 4 body, shorter fatter horns. Model 6 had longer slimmer horns.
    Ahhh OK. I didn’t realise they’d changed the design. A mate had a 4 and his had a scratch plate and a different trem too. 
  • A lot of Gary’s  more famous guitars are long gone. However if you want a piece of Gary Moore memorabilia with an almost cast iron provenance buy something here. Question you have to ask yourself is: is a celebrity owned piece of comercially available gear worth the extra?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    Just depends how much the extra is

• Am I right in reading that there is an extra 20% buyers premium on top of the 24% buyers premium, just for the GM stuff? 
    jeztone2 said:
    Nightswan said:
    jeztone2 said:

Ahhh OK. I didn’t realise they’d changed the design. A mate had a 4 and his had a scratch plate and a different trem too. 
    1987 I think for the sharkfins. Earlier models had the dot inlays and the Kahler trem. It's bef based on the Model 6 and at first glance you'd swear that's what it was. No idea why they didn't just put up a pic of the back.
    Am I right in reading that there is an extra 20% buyers premium on top of the 24% buyers premium, just for the GM stuff? 
    Yes, that's right Brad

• Geeez, so an extra 44% for GM’s things? That’s a lot! Why the extra 20%? 
    edited November 2019
    Probably the trust or management that's handling his sale will have their own fees as well. Then the auction house fees after that.

• Geeez, so an extra 44% for GM’s things? That’s a lot! Why the extra 20%? 
    Because they’re thieving shitehawks?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom