NGD - Ibanez

What's Hot
sw67sw67 Frets: 230
My first Ebay guitar purchase - Ibanez RG507 MIJ 1997. I placed a bid on this and as i was at work when the auction finished i didn't think i would have any chance. Well here it is a mint RG made in japan for £232. The seller was great and it arrived well packaged just in time for a gig on Friday night. A lot of guitar for the money and it stayed in tune for the whole gig. Thats me banned from fretboard and ebay now ( Says wife )

https://i.imgur.com/TXv6EOg.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
    Very nice. How are the pick ups as the internet seems to say that stock Ibanez pick ups aren't very good? I would love to find a decent RG in red. I still miss my RG270....... (Though not in the same league as this!!).

Pointy guitars do not suit me in any way but I really do have a soft spot for them!
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 230
    Pick ups seem ok - i don't do high gain stuff so they work for me.Some nice clean tones as well. 
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    Jetsam1 said:
    Very nice. How are the pick ups as the internet seems to say that stock Ibanez pick ups aren't very good? I would love to find a decent RG in red. I still miss my RG270....... (Though not in the same league as this!!).

Pointy guitars do not suit me in any way but I really do have a soft spot for them!
    My RG507 MIJ same as sw67 just purchased is in the classifieds. Happy to match the price. 
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 230
    Onpar said:
    Jetsam1 said:

My RG507 MIJ same as sw67 just purchased is in the classifieds. Happy to match the price. 
    Thats a steal - Its not just a good guitar for the money. Its a good guitar full stop. Build quality as good as any i have inc usa fenders , gibsons etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Great guitars. 

And thats a fantastic price. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Very nice! I had a black RG550 and it was a great guitar 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)