Comments

• I actually like that ( I guess I’m alone ). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I actually like that ( I guess I’m alone ). 
    I don't dislike it, prefer the tele jazzmaster hybrid in the classifieds.

It's not very hybrid though is it, more a tele shaped strat AFAIKS.

Good price on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't dislike it. I was in GG yesterday and didn't notice it ( sunburst does not draw my attention). I'm trying to work out from tiny photos on my phone to what extent the body is ( trying to think of the word) carved/ shaped rather than a block Tele shape. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't dislike it. I was in GG yesterday and didn't notice it ( sunburst does not draw my attention). I'm trying to work out from tiny photos on my phone to what extent the body is ( trying to think of the word) carved/ shaped rather than a block Tele shape. 
    Forearm and tummy otherwise looks tele to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Forearm and tummy otherwise looks tele to me.
    I have arms and a ( considerable) tummy so that might work for me. Oh, I should just buy a bloody strat really.  
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22706
    I actually like that ( I guess I’m alone ). 

I like them.  Haven't actually tried one, but I like the way a Tele hangs on a strap, although I prefer Strats in almost every other way.

Not crazy about the colour or the '50s styling though, I think it would look great with a black scratchplate and a big headstock like a '70s Tele Deluxe.

• StefBStefB Frets: 2349
    They had 10+ in stock when the sale first went live this morning.  As of about 3pm today they were all sold.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Universal8Universal8 Frets: 134
    edited November 2019
    StefB said:
    They had 10+ in stock when the sale first went live this morning.  As of about 3pm today they were all sold.
    I ended up buying one . It was a good price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7133
    edited November 2019
    Fuck they are ugly as sin!

I've played a few of them at different dealers and thought they all played like dogs as well. 

Good luck with them, but a HARD PASS from me.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibe said:
    Fuck they are ugly as sin!

I've played a few of them at different dealers and thought they all played like dogs as well. 

Good luck with them, but a HARD PASS from me.
    Thanks for that !! Horses for courses I guess. I get bored looking at the same old stuff all the time. Neck profile on this suits me so doubt I’ll think it plays like a dog.
  • I much preferred John Mayer’s original lake placid blue one with the rosewood board and matching headstock. He was using it ~2006 I think. These newer ones with bursts and maple boards don’t work anywhere near as well in my opinion.
  • I like the look of them , I like the vintage sunburst and maple vibe and the pickups are supposed to be nicely mid scooped too. Wouldn’t mind trying one 
    The models I tried would not hold tuning and the top E strings were far too close to edge of the fretboard (badly cut nuts).

I own plenty of these offset JM style trem systems, so not a novice on these.

• stonevibe said:
    The models I tried would not hold tuning and the top E strings were far too close to edge of the fretboard (badly cut nuts).

JM style trem ? All websites say it’s a Strat trem.
  • stonevibe said:

It's a strat trem on the ones for sale.. There was a Tele with a JM style trem in this series, maybe the source of confusion. 
    stonevibe said:

It's a strat trem on the ones for sale.. There was a Tele with a JM style trem in this series, maybe the source of confusion. 
    Yeah, think it was that one that was the real dog.

• stonevibe said:
    stonevibe said:

Yeah, think it was that one that was the real dog.
    Not a novice on these ! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I tried few models, not just this one type. As in they released more than one version of a Tele in this lineup.

• StefBStefB Frets: 2349
    Two of these on eBay already since yesterday on the £1 deal.
  • StefB said:
    Two of these on eBay already since yesterday on the £1 deal.
    That's bloody annoying, you would think if they didn't get on with them they would return them for a no fuss refund so these could only have been bought to flip for a couple of hundred quid.