Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Katie Price declared bankrupt

What's Hot

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    She probably found the freaking classifieds on here. Reckon I’ve done about 5 mill on the fuckers, and now I’m living in a hostel, spending my days sharing warm sherry with companions and a lurcher in an underpass.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11791
    Apparently she had £40 million at one point.

I wonder how much of the excessive spending was due to media / production company pressure to try and keep her in the public eye even when it may not have been in her best interest?

It probably would have taken quite a while for the tabloids to forget about her, but £40 Mil is plenty to get to the end of your natural and leave some for the kids if only "normal extravagant spending" is allowed and not very silly spending. At her age and assuming she lived until 80, she could have lived on "only" £500K per year and still left £20 Mil for the kids - or plenty more with a good wealth manager.

Slightly different - I saw that the chp who won the £105,000,000 lottery the other week has gone public.
    I really don't understand that. The hassle they will now get will be enormous. Newly found mates asking for stuff, old flames, 100 begging letters a week etc

If I ever won that sort of money I wouldn't even tell my own kids until they were adult.
    agreed, I have my cover story ready, but sadly never won more than £20
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wonder how many people had a piece of her pie along the way?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11791
    CloudNine said:

Slightly different - I saw that the chp who won the £105,000,000 lottery the other week has gone public.
    I really don't understand that. The hassle they will now get will be enormous. Newly found mates asking for stuff, old flames, 100 begging letters a week etc

If I ever won that sort of money I wouldn't even tell my own kids until they were adult.
    The reason that pretty much everyone goes public with such large wins, is that they are advised to do so on the basis that there is 100% ZERO chance that you will remain anonymous anyway. Press will find out easy enough, you can't hide that kind of thing, work colleagues. friends of friends etc. Probably people who are jealous and want to blow them up. It cannot be hidden. Camelot will manage the whole press element and give them what they want, in the hope that it avoids people hanging round outside the house etc. and gets it done in one big hit.

If you dont plan to spend any at all, and just stick it in the bank, then maybe you might stand a chance.
    I can't find it on the net, but there was that young lad in Scotland who won £3.2 million-ish (forget the exact figure), and all he bought was a bungalow for his disabled dad. Iirc, he killed himself after apparently being hounded by gold diggers who would camp on his lawn and harass him for money every time he went out or came home.
    Not quite as sad as that: died as a recluse from choking on vomit when on booze+drugs
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/exclusive-reclusive-millionaire-stuart-donnelly-1048904
  • Kilgore said:
    Chintzy mock Tudor country pile, banana yellow Lamborghini and KFC every night.

You can't buy class so I wouldn't bother trying. 
    That's a bit of an unfair generalisation, I mean, she must have had a McDonald's every now and then  :3
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Steffo said:
    Really sad to see everything went tits up for her.
    Good of @RandallFlagg to keep us abreast of the situation though....
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    She did OK - burned brighter than a lot of folks and mostly harmless.
    Though I'm not a fan of celebrity culture and wouldn't recognise her if she walked past me, she made a lot of money for other people too.
    Hope things work out.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    JerkMoans said:
    She probably found the freaking classifieds on here. Reckon I’ve done about 5 mill on the fuckers, and now I’m living in a hostel, spending my days sharing warm sherry with companions and a lurcher in an underpass.
    And a vintage collection on which to play the blues!
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    I still would. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12315
    RobDavies said:
    I still would. 
    My wife saw her in Bluewater yesterday. 

The missus reckons you definitely wouldn’t.  ;)
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    Bankruptcy may actually work well for her. She won't be able to get any credit so will be forced to curb her spending, she won't be able to be pursued for old debts once her assets are sold, and she still has reasonable earning potential as a celebrity.

She'll never be £40m rich again but could still be very comfortably off.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    RobDavies said:
    I still would.
    I thought it had all dried up! 
  • I bet when it said she was worth £40 mill it was based on earning potential - like how a company turning over £200k might be worth a million.
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Back when she was just a glamour model (before all the reality TV, books, etc) she occasionally used to pop into a mate's local in Suffolk (I think) where she was from. He said she was thick as two short planks* but very pleasant and friendly.

* - May not have been the exact phrase involved.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4290
    LoFi said:
    Back when she was just a glamour model (before all the reality TV, books, etc) she occasionally used to pop into a mate's local in Suffolk (I think) where she was from. He said she was thick as two short planks* but very pleasant and friendly.

I thought she was from Sussex

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50 said:
    LoFi said:

I thought she was from Sussex

Maybe she got a bit confused on her way back home.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Ah, Katie Price - one of those rare people who has written more books than she has read. Six autobiographies, no doubt she’s now planning number seven.
    No probably no 8
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    RobDavies said:
    I still would. 
    She'd probably let you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Sure she'll manage
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited November 2019
    roberty said:
    Sure she'll manage
    This...

She's probably planned it well. Clearly not too daft when it comes to resourcefulness . She'll have plenty money and assets hidden away, I have no doubt.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom