Some Blues with Supro/Gibson....

What's Hot
AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
edited December 2019 in Plug My Stuff
Hey,

Recorded some Blues guitar for you guys. using a Supro thunderbolt and Gibson ES349

https://youtu.be/SKlRgpCNGf0

Hope you like

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    I liked that blues solo, and that clean sound was thoroughly enjoyable. But I felt as though it got a bit too long without a backing track tbh. Cheers.
  • Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
    Lovely. Guitar is awesome too. What key were you in? I'm just being lazy :)
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    edited December 2019
    Thx for listening guys.  Great to get some feedback

@IvanMC yeah probably way too long.  I should have edited the video down or as you mention maybe create a backing track .   The amp is a Supro Thunderbolt set clean.

@Phil_C ; It's in Key of G. With chords G7, C7 and D7.  I flipping between major and minor  
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    That was really nice - lovely sound too, and I didn't find it too long. That's my kind of thing, and I could listen to that for ages. One of the things about the blues is that it can be played solo and the chord changes are implied (you do that very well) so it doesn't 'meander' and there's an implied structure to it, even without backing. I tend to throw a few chords in as well, just to give people a clue. =)
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2019
    @DB1 thx for listening and the feedback buddy. :) Good call on adding some chords in here and there.  Guess that's better for the listener.

It was so much quicker putting together something played solo.  Just hang a mic in front of the amp and off you go.  I think I got a better sound that way than with the Kemper. But still learning on the Kemper front.

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Love the shallow depth of field on the video
    Wolfetone said:
    Love the shallow depth of field on the video
    Thanks man. Worked hard on that.  It easy if your camera doesn't have a flip screen!