Gary Rhodes - Chef and TV presenter

HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9654
Only 59. No age these days. RIP.
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    major influence on the UK scene, he was a total fitness fanatic for many many years...nightmare
  • A quick illness while in Dubai apparently.
  • Zoolooter said:
    A quick illness while in Dubai apparently.
    I’ve been driving for about six hours so I’m red hot on the news for today only. He worked and lived in Dubai. I gather he left the U.K. after some less wise business deals. 

Listening to some of the tributes he was seen as one of the pioneers of modern British cuisine and one of the first chefs on TV ( wearing whites and doing complex cookery as opposed to cooks showing you how to make a lasagne). Apparently a really nice guy, prone to spontaneous acts of generosity. 
    Yes, no age. RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22687
    About 15 years ago (it seems like longer) I went to his restaurant in Tower 42, I think the first time I'd been to a Michelin-starred restaurant (not that I've been to many since).  Can't remember what I ate, but I do remember it was very good!

He'd dropped off the radar a bit in recent years, but he was one of the pioneers of the whole celebrity chef thing.  Sad to hear he's died at such a young age.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I've never been into the whole celeb chef thing or any cooking programme, but I do remember him. He seemed so much more youthful and interesting than all those middle aged men who were cooking on the TV.

Sad to go that young.
  • Zoolooter said:
    A quick illness while in Dubai apparently.
    Tripped and banged his head after a night out I read..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?