Unwanted String Noise

So, I'm just about a year in since buying my guitar. On the whole I'm happy with my progress, although there is always room for improvement and more practice instead of watching others play on the interweb. 
I have some theory under my belt and can play a few shapes up the neck. The thing I'm having most trouble with, is bends. Don't get me wrong, I find the bending straight forward, and am able to bend up to pitch more often than not. My issue is when I release the bend, the string above the one I'm bending rings out as I come down and away from it.
I know there is no magic cure as with all things guitar, but just a few pointers to overcome it would be gratefully received. I've tried palm muting but I find it too cumbersome, often muting too many strings. I try to use as little gain as possible to help combat it.
It's doing my swede in!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Maybe a video would help us here? I’ve just sat and played a few bends. When I bend up the string above hits the fleshy part of my finger at the top so it’s damped. When I release I let the bend down smoothly so it doesn’t ‘ping’ the string. Generally I bend with two fingers so it’s well supported for the release as well. 
    Does that make sense? Before you play the bend play a fret/ 2 frets up to hear the pitch. Maybe you are bending much more than you need? 
  • Paul7926Paul7926 Frets: 227
    One thing I did a lot when first trying bends was to catch my fingernail on the upper string which caused me to basically play that string when releasing the band. Solved by using the tip of my finger to bend rather than the pad. That way the nothing catches and you are pushing the string out of the way rather than getting it caught. 
    Obviously no idea if this is the op's problem or not.
  • Generally your right hand muting should prevent unwanted noises.