Gluboost superglue alternatives ?one which doesn't go cloudy.

musicalstashmusicalstash Frets: 53
edited December 2019 in Making & Modding

Does anyone know if there is an cheaper alternative to Gluboost fill n Finish ?

I am looking for a superglue to do drop fill a ding on the back of my gold Epiphone ES295 neck  but all the ones I have used in the past have turned cloudy .

Someone recommended Gluboost but at over £20 a bottle seems quite expensive .

thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    They all do unless you use it very sparingly.  The answer is use less and wait longer.  Patience is the key to stuff like this, rushing things never works out (from experience)
  • Thanks  for taking the time to repsond   I normally would not be that fussed and the damage but it can be felt  (cosmetically I can live with it )   .  I have tried steaming it but it only improved slightly .

here is a picture

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/qJdBAla"><a href="//imgur.com/a/qJdBAla"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    gluboost works well

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• SargeSarge Frets: 2389
    I'd be tempted to find a matching nailvarnish to partially drop fill (many thin coats) then finish with the smallest amount of superglue or clear nail varnish. 
  • Thanks,  I've tried colour matching in the past and it nearly always ends up looking worse (unless it's black) .