SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vintage JMI Vox AC-50

I have a vintage AC-50 that I've restored - the cabinet was bare wood when I got it, I recovered it in the correct vinyl, with piping, grill cloth (although I used the earlier brown checked cloth rather than black), logo, etc.  The control panel is somewhat corroded, but that I left alone - it looks as though the original grey paint either wore off or was removed, so only the brass/gold paint remains.  I also restored the amp itself, replacing tubes, capacitors and resistors as necessary.  The result is quite a pretty beast, loud as anything but sounding amazing at any volume - and it's a dream with pedals.

Lots of people are asking silly money for these, but I got it cheap years ago and bringing it back to life was a labour of love.  £800

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AQDfTMCJh3y2NFh6avz5RNpVuL6DhUJ3

100% positive feedback on eBay (mylescdavis).

Will be VERY well packed for shipment.  Paypal OK, bank transfer preferred.  Local pickup in East Devon is fine, but cash on collection only.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pics not working for me. Says no files in the folder.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Photo link U S
    When logic and proportion
  • Sorry!  Photos didn't upload, they should all be there now.
  • Looks like you did a good job with the refurb. Do you have any sound clips? Also, is the output 8ohm mono?
  • Thanks.  No sound clips, although I should make some. Output impedance is selectable on these - 8 ohm, 16 ohm, and 16 for both outputs - which sounds like it would require two 32 ohm cabinets, which can't be right.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable could help out.