SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Yamaha TRB 4 ii £350 - now sold

DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 334
edited January 2020 in Basses £
purchased off this very Forum back in 2013 when I had a desire to be a bass player - fret skimmed and set up with Thomastik -Infield  JF344 Flatwounds by Tom at Feline Guitars but has pretty much stayed in it's rather luxurious case since. looking to sell for what I paid for it back then. Cash and collection from London SE21.

I am linking to the original ad on here back in 2013 as it has better pictures than I could take  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No photos visible?
  • that is odd they were there when I posted but have seem to have disappeared - I have neither smartphone nor camera which is why I took the lazy route of linking to the original ad - I'll see what I can do :) ...
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 334
    edited December 2019

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    The pics have gone from the 2013 Discussion mentioned above. Could be a photo hosting issue. More likely, the owner of the original pics has elected to delete them from his hosting provider. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Here is the description from Yamaha: The 4-string TRB4II is a serious low-end machine with a rosewood-on-maple neck, finely sculpted ash body, smoothly ergonomic cutaway and neck joint, and bottom-anchoring brass bridge. Our 1998 refinements include a pair of beefy humbuckers, 35" scale length, and active electronics with surgically accurate three-band EQ.

The spec is:

Scale length: 35:

Neck: Bolt-on

Length: 1160 mm (45.66")

Width: 354.3 mm (13.95")

Body: Ash

Fingerboard: 24 fret Rosewood, 

Hardware: Gold plated

Nut: Bone

Pickups - Yamaha Alnico

Preamp - Yamaha 3 band

It's in a very fetching amber burst with a plush velvet lined Yamaha case - in excellent condition :) ...