The Jam

What's Hot
ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
Just bored off my tits doing my taxes/self assessment and listening to The Jam. What a band they were, really hit the ground running when they first appeared on the scene. Bloody brilliant!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    IMO, their secret was songs, songs, attitude and songs. 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    edited December 2019
    Best. Band. Ever.

Influenced, and still influences, a whole number of generations... incredible live too, cool as.

I've said it so many times. Seeing the Jam live was defining; as close to a spiritual experience as Ive ever had musically.

And I'm so grateful, and thankful.
  • Love The Jam, what a band, astounding songwriting and musicianship.

However I really don't like Weller's solo stuff. He also has a relatively disproportionate ego the size of Jupiter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Best. Band. Ever.

Influenced, and still influences, a whole number of generations... incredible live too, cool as.

I've said it so many times. Seeing the Jam live was defining; as close to a spiritual experience as Ive ever had musically.

And I'm so grateful, and thankful.
    Every single seemed to be special , not like today's downloads :)
    “Ken sent me.”
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3853
    They had a massive sound for a 3 piece. Even bigger live. Weller was a great lyricist too. Nowadays not so much.
  • I love The Jam, been A huge fan since I was 14, that was 1981 I bought Funeral Pyre when I can out but quickly bought the whole back catalogue as quickly as pocket money would allow and each single I got was a revelation and so exciting. I also got the Modern World By Numbers book and used to pour over the pics. I still play the singles and albums very often.

I love many of the lesser known album tracks and B-Sides such as I got By In Time, See-Saw, The Planners Dream Went Wrong, Pity Poor Alfie, Wasteland, Fly

• proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    I prefer Marmalade.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    proggy said:
    I prefer Marmalade.
    The band former known as The Gaylords?

There’s been a lot of Jam loving on here over the last few months. Which is nice.

I was in nappies at the time so missed it all apart from hearing the hits on the wireless.

Got into solo Weller in the 90s and consumed all the back catalogue inc Style Council.

Weller’s new stuff stopped appealing to me a long time ago - but with such a rich back catalogue who cares!

Previously known as stevebrum