Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who upset him then?

What's Hot
PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
edited December 2019 in Off Topic

This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
    What's he referring to? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is "spacepalm" the new "facepalm"?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Phil_C said:
    What's he referring to? 
    No idea.... Someone must have said something to do with something Andertons related...?
  • If it is then he should read it properly because there are people leaping to his ( and the pedal's to some extent) defence as well as the criticisms. Although his instagram has 62000 followers so maybe we should just think of it as a nice plug. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I like him. Musically he has achieved more than 99 pct of us could ever dream of. He doesn't get the (unwarranted) vitriol that Chappers gets so not sure why he has reacted ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    edited December 2019
    Comments like this in that thread probably don't help:
    Freebird said:
    What has "Danish Pete" contributed to rock history? Is he a very famous guitarist or something?

He plays guitar on the internet to sell things. It's what we've got left in 2019. 

Edit:  there were also all the comments about Mary Spender in that thread that had to be removed/split out to another thread.
  • The very first reply in that thread starts with “Andertons should just fuck off”. I’m going to make a wild guess and say it’s probably that one.
    The very first reply in that thread starts with “Andertons should just fuck off”. I’m going to make a wild guess and say it’s probably that one.
    Gotcha. I wasn't aware of that thread, so that would explain it. Well done to those involved.
  • Well, it seems a bit harsh to generalise like that, but given the original thread...can't really blame him.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    edited December 2019
    The very first reply in that thread starts with “Andertons should just fuck off”. I’m going to make a wild guess and say it’s probably that one.
    9 people (so far) gave that comment a Wis as well.

Let's face it, there are a number of people on here with an attitude problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
    edited December 2019
    Grown man with sizeable number of followers and YouTube channel uses Instagram to call out a few users who criticise him on small forum of guitar players - seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26560
    edited December 2019
    jpttaylor said:
    Grown man with sizeable number of followers and YouTube channel uses Instagram to call out a few users who criticise him on small forum of guitar players - seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
    Or..."bunch of people who think the world should've stayed in the 1970s don't like the new music industry and take potshots at a pro musician for using it to succeed".

Works both ways.

I won't lie, it hurts to see someone react like that (given that I run the site), but not as much as it hurt to see the wilful ignorance on display in that thread from a few folk. It's precisely that sort of thing which gives this place a bad name, and why it's often perceived as a site full of trolls by people who're actually making a success of themselves in the music business as it is today.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 38reaction image Wisdom
    jpttaylor said:
    Or..."bunch of people who think the world should've stayed in the 1970s don't like the new music industry and take potshots at a pro musician for using it to succeed".

Works both ways.

I won't lie, it hurts to see someone react like that (given that I run the site), but not as much as it hurt to see the wilful ignorance on display in that thread from a few folk. It's precisely that sort of thing which gives this place a bad name, and why it's often perceived as a site full of trolls by people who're actually making a success of themselves in the music business as it is today.
    Exactly this ^^^

jpttaylor said:
    Wouldn't it be a nice world if he didn't need to call out the people who criticised him.....
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10397
    What does take the time to or wait mean ? ... 

I like Pete, great player, makes any old shit sound good but that kinda makes his endorsement of a product worthless  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Danny1969 said:
    What does take the time to or wait mean ? ... 

I like Pete, great player, makes any old shit sound good but that kinda makes his endorsement of a product worthless  
    I think he meant to put "Just the way they take the time to.... Oh wait"
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31519
    PC_Dave said:

What does that mean? I don't get it. 
  • I think he sarcastically means people on here take their time to make considered judgments about things, i.e, they don’t. 

To be fair I think he should have used the words “some people”.
  • p90fool said:
    PC_Dave said:

What does that mean? I don't get it. 

Starts off with compliment... oh wait (retraction of compliment).

I missed the original thread at the time. I don’t understand why people want to be so negative about them. The music industry is so small and connected, I genuinely feel bad for the admins here every time they have to sort this kind of stuff out.

Anyway I’m hopefully going to Andertons this weekend for the first time and I’m excited to go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    Or should be Oh. Kinda makes sense then. Too busy searching for just the right picture to check his spelling.