Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who upset him then?

What's Hot

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    I don't know who he is, I don't know what he's on about. But them's fighting words, mister. When  you take on the Fretboard, you're messing with things you don't understand. To the battlements!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    ten77guitar said:
    I think he should have used the words “some people”.
    Exactly.

Peter has slagged off everybody on this forum rather than bothering to read the Discussion thoroughly and target only his detractors. That makes him as unthinking as those he criticises. 

<Spacepalmsandwich>

By the same logic, some registered members on this forum are Jewish, therefore, Peter is an anti-Semite. Q.E.D.
    Be seeing you.
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Anyway I’m hopefully going to Andertons this weekend for the first time and I’m excited to go.
    If there's any way you can, I'd really recommend going during the week (or late on a Sunday)! No criticism of the shop at all (I really like it, and go there a lot), it's just super-busy on the weekend, and it can take a lot longer to try stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • See, this is what happens when people are motivated more by a desire to be "right on the Internet" than by common sense and a willingness to de-escalate. It percolates round and round and we end up a hair's breadth from a Godwin violation.

An alternative is, "Yeah, actually I can see why it would annoy someone who's just brought out a decent new product, and we all know folk's first reactions aren't always the best-considered. Let's chalk it up to experience and try to rub along...".

Actually...who am I kidding? :P
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete is (partially) right of course. There are a lot of people here who are unnecessarily rude about Andertons and I don't really get the point. Pete is a great player and he's made a great career for himself out of music. Well done. 

That said, I also remember when Andertons were cosying up to known scam artist Vertex effects and the defence was "oh, well, everyone at Andertons is far too busy to be reading social media so there's no way we could have known about any his scams"... Hmm. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 679
    I like Pete (from what I've seen of him) the world would not be a worse place if everyone was like him. The same cannot be said of those who spew hate and negativity anonymously on the internet imo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    ftumch said:
    I like Pete (from what I've seen of him) the world would not be a worse place if everyone was like him. The same cannot be said of those who spew hate and negativity anonymously on the internet imo.
    Many, many wisdoms
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    ftumch said:
    hate and negativity
    All that I have done is point out the double standard in Peter's reasoning and online posting behaviour.
    Be seeing you.
  • I'm going to be honest, I didn't recognise his name from the screen print. Can see his point, can see The Fretboard's point, but both of those points could easily have been addressed by him making contact with the forum admins rather than with a cryptic Insta post. But we've all snapped in the heat of a moment, I'm not particularly a social media expert but I imagine people get addicted to posting stuff and therefore have to find something to say where there's really not any worthwhile to say.

You could say the same about my post, who knows
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • LoFi said:
    Anyway I’m hopefully going to Andertons this weekend for the first time and I’m excited to go.
    If there's any way you can, I'd really recommend going during the week (or late on a Sunday)! No criticism of the shop at all (I really like it, and go there a lot), it's just super-busy on the weekend, and it can take a lot longer to try stuff.

Thanks. Unfortunately it’s the only time I can go this month, it’s quite a drive from Manchester so me and a friend are doing it as a road trip plus catching up with some mates in the evening and staying in London.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    LoFi said:

Thanks. Unfortunately it’s the only time I can go this month, it’s quite a drive from Manchester so me and a friend are doing it as a road trip plus catching up with some mates in the evening and staying in London.
    If Anderton's is mental, Guitar Village and the Epsom Guitar Guitar aren't that far away.
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    crunchman said:
    If Anderton's is mental, Guitar Village and the Epsom Guitar Guitar aren't that far away.
    Absolutely - if you're driving that far, the 20-odd minute detour to Guitar Village is well worth it.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    .., this is what happens when people are motivated more by a desire to be "right on the Internet"
    There are a few people here who view suppliers as enemies, and legitimate targets for scorn. They usually get rebuked by the general membership. 

The bigger problem is with the rest of us. Every day I read “look at me, aren’t I clever” comments on the forum. We’re all susceptible to the urge. Fortunately most of us realise, and erase it before pressing the Post Comment button. There again, some people will say anything to get attention.

The challenge for the moderation team is that, if we tried to keep threads clean of such comments, we’d be avalanched with comments by the “look at me” and “censorship” brigades.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    edited December 2019
    I'm going to be honest, I didn't recognise his name from the screen print. Can see his point, can see The Fretboard's point, but both of those points could easily have been addressed by him making contact with the forum admins rather than with a cryptic Insta post. But we've all snapped in the heat of a moment, I'm not particularly a social media expert but I imagine people get addicted to posting stuff and therefore have to find something to say where there's really not any worthwhile to say.

Honestly? I kind of agree with him. However, given that we don't moderate the forum according to personal opinions, it probably wouldn't achieve anything and there's nothing we can do without risking the integrity of the forum as a whole. Looking at the daft comments in the original thread (and similar here), it strikes me that those daft comments have been suitably slapped down by others, the overall thread's pretty supportive.

With that said, I know from experience that it really hurts when people shitpost about you, and once you've seen a comment like that it's pretty much impossible to see past it.

To paraphrase what I've said before...congratulations to the people who managed to upset one of the nicest guys in the online guitar world. Pretty sure that must feel like a real victory.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    I'm going to be honest, I didn't recognise his name from the screen print. Can see his point, can see The Fretboard's point, but both of those points could easily have been addressed by him making contact with the forum admins rather than with a cryptic Insta post. But we've all snapped in the heat of a moment, I'm not particularly a social media expert but I imagine people get addicted to posting stuff and therefore have to find something to say where there's really not any worthwhile to say.

Honestly? I kind of agree with him. However, given that we don't moderate the forum according to personal opinions, it probably wouldn't achieve anything. Looking at the daft comments in the original thread (and similar here), it strikes me that those daft comments have been suitably slapped down by others, the overall threads are pretty supportive.

With that said, I know from experience that it really hurts when people shitpost about you, and once you've seen a comment like that it's pretty much impossible to see past it.

To paraphrase what I've said before...congratulations to the people who managed to upset one of the nicest guys in the online guitar world. Pretty sure that must feel like a real victory.
    Again, completely agree. I can only assume that the people who feel the need to be rude or just plain nasty are either incredibly immature, lonely and bored, or extremely jealous.

What gets me is how it has become a societal norm. What ever happened to being nice?! 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    I must admit, since I started moderating, there’s a high percentage of time where my default position reading through the “higher profile” threads is: 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

• To paraphrase what I've said before...congratulations to the people who managed to upset one of the nicest guys in the online guitar world. Pretty sure that must feel like a real victory.
    And, just to underline this, I just had a message from Pete saying he'd taken the post down because he felt bad about it.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Everybody positively worships Peter don’t know why he’s upset . Like someone said El Chappo gets loads of hate. I like chappers demo’s 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349

And, just to underline this, I just had a message from Pete saying he'd taken the post down because he felt bad about it.
    That's very cool - it's hard to roll back from something done in haste so good on him 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    We would probably have people like Pete on the forum if certain members didn't feel the need to shit on everything they don't understand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 25reaction image Wisdom