Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who upset him then?

What's Hot

Comments

• Andertons are great to deal with . Love richtone and GAK too  . Looking forward to getting my next purchase from peach 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    I don’t get all the Andertons hate, they’re all great players with a much funner job than the majority of us on here probably have. I’ve been following Chappers since his original Orange amps demo videos from his home. Can see why he’s a bit marmite but not worthy of all the hate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3362
    robgilmo said:
    I dont get how if you put loads of videos on the internet you should get all bent out of shape when people talk about them, or you.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
    Imagine if you’re trying a guitar out in a shop and someone comes over and says, “you’re shit mate, you should give up”. Would that be okay?

I know that’s a different situation but the principle is the same isn’t it? Just because someone is promoting a product online do they become fair game and it’s okay to say anything, no matter how crass or insulting?

I see what you mean, but I am shit, and I dont try out guitars in guitar shops, because Im shit. But if I did, and someone did, Id be like , yeah , Ok.

If I put videos out for millions of people to view I would expect a few to roast me, a few to offer encouragement and a majority to scroll on. Getting all bent out of shape over it? If you cast into a lake you gotta expect to catch something but you shouldn't be disappointed if you catch an ugly one.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:
    robgilmo said:
    I dont get how if you put loads of videos on the internet you should get all bent out of shape when people talk about them, or you.

Imagine if you’re trying a guitar out in a shop and someone comes over and says, “you’re shit mate, you should give up”. Would that be okay?

I know that’s a different situation but the principle is the same isn’t it? Just because someone is promoting a product online do they become fair game and it’s okay to say anything, no matter how crass or insulting?

I see what you mean, but I am shit, and I dont try out guitars in guitar shops, because Im shit. But if I did, and someone did, Id be like , yeah , Ok.

If I put videos out for millions of people to view I would expect a few to roast me, a few to offer encouragement and a majority to scroll on. Getting all bent out of shape over it? If you cast into a lake you gotta expect to catch something but you shouldn't be disappointed if you catch an ugly one.
    Fair enough. I think the point I was trying to make is that no-one would say that to your face in a guitar shop. They might think it but they wouldn’t say it. Online though, people will freely say such things because they can hide behind anonymity and there are usually no consequences for them. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for criticism where it’s deserved but you can be critical of someone without insulting them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:

The difference is....

They. Get. Paid. For. It.

=)

• The difference is....

=)
    Why is that relevant? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

• The difference is....

=)
    Why is that relevant? 
    Got to smile.... =) =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s a serious question. Why should it be okay to insult someone just because they’re getting paid? Why does it make them fair game in your view?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s a serious question. Why should it be okay to insult someone just because they’re getting paid? Why does it make them fair game in your view?
    It's bizarre. 

I can't stand Pink Floyd, and yet any time someone posts a Pink Floyd video I have miraculously managed not to either watch the video or comment "fuck off you dull cunts" in the comment section. 

Yet somehow people who don't like Andertons somehow end up watching every video and follow up by posting rude comments about them.

I genuinely don't get it. Not watching things and not being rude about them is really easy. Newborn babies manage it ffs! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    edited December 2019 tFB Trader

There is a cozy brigade (M4 mafia did someone once say ??), that support each other and earn incomes on the back of some of the people on this forum. Shouldn't be forgotten.

Is this a thing people think exists?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    UnclePsychosis said:

I can't stand Pink Floyd, and yet any time someone posts a Pink Floyd video I have miraculously managed not to either watch the video or comment "fuck off you dull cunts" in the comment section.
    Sweet; the perfect opportunity to slip it in here. I bet that was cathartic.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fob said:
    UnclePsychosis said:

Sweet; the perfect opportunity to slip it in here. I bet that was cathartic.
    I'm not going to lie, I fucking enjoyed it. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3362
    robgilmo said:
    robgilmo said:

Fair enough. I think the point I was trying to make is that no-one would say that to your face in a guitar shop. They might think it but they wouldn’t say it. Online though, people will freely say such things because they can hide behind anonymity and there are usually no consequences for them. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for criticism where it’s deserved but you can be critical of someone without insulting them. 
    Totally agree, the bravery of being out of range springs to mind. There are people out there though who will have a pop simply because they can, getting all upset over something like that is akin to throwing a bit of a hissy fit though dont you think? The problem is to feed the trolls you usually end up dining with them. 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    I think of the Internet as a free market economy. Whatever shit works, works. Everyone is open to abuse and everyone is open to react to that abuse. It’s completely value and moral-free. 
    Yeah, a lot of the world is like that, but it doesn’t happen in my house. It probably doesn’t happen in yours either, and I guess that a lot of us don’t really want to see it happen on this forum.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • HeelHeel Frets: 271
    I wrote a fairly pleasant thread about my visit to Anderton’s tbf. 
  • Roland said:
    I think of the Internet as a free market economy. Whatever shit works, works. Everyone is open to abuse and everyone is open to react to that abuse. It’s completely value and moral-free. 
    Yeah, a lot of the world is like that, but it doesn’t happen in my house. It probably doesn’t happen in yours either, and I guess that a lot of us don’t really want to see it happen on this forum.
    Oh I dunno. The people around here have the "no bad tactics only bad targets" philosophy. Peach Guitars got some abuse. Andertons get abuse. Someone tried to get me fired (or at least in trouble at work). 

I suspect those people are quite fine with a hateful toxic atmosphere; provided the hate and toxicity are aimed at the correct people.

FWIW I made a joke in the previously linked thread, but didn't attack anyone.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think of the Internet as a free market economy. Whatever shit works, works. Everyone is open to abuse and everyone is open to react to that abuse. It’s completely value and moral-free. 
    True enough; the Internet doesn't have a horse in the race. The comments speak volumes about the commenters, though, which is kind of the point of this whole debacle.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    He's always seemed like a genuinely lovely bloke and a great player to me, but having said that, I've just returned my wireless system to Anderton's for repair, so I'll reserve judgement as to whether anyone who's ever been associated with the company is an utter bastard or not for a week or two.
    :)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I can't take people seriously who use the word "hate" to describe taking the pee or online sniping; hate is an extreme emotion way beyond disliking someone's advertorial for a piece of guitar kit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2867
    CeeJay said:
    I have an internet mantra I live by. Never spout anything you wouldn't say  in person on a Friday night down the pub. It works for me. No one forces anyone to watch you tube, or buy purple pedals, so I just don't get the naysayers. 
    Indeed! Thread over :)