Crazy Man on Bike does crazy things!

What's Hot
This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31566
    Well that was fun, but I don't remember Paris being built on a 25,000 ft mountain. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5627
    Really good stuff.  Makes me wonder how he can pilot his bike while carrying balls that big around all the time!

That first flight of steps almost got the better of him though but looking at the out takes at the end so did lots of other scenes.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The riding was impressive, but it's also worth thinking about the engineering that goes into modern mountain bikes- I remember the first batch of suspension forked MTBs. They'd probably disintegrate doing this stuff. 

He has balls though!
  • That was pretty cool. Some of the outtakes were pretty scary - especially when he wrapped himself around that lamp post.

This one is pretty intense:

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7843
    edited December 2019
  • That was a lot of fun. The man has huge balls - going to take some serious knocks when you wipe out at those speeds.

I also like to watch Danny Macaskill videos when he makes insane hops from one ridiculously precarious spot to another. The one he did on the Cuillin ridge was edge of the seat stuff.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    That was a lot of fun. The man has huge balls - going to take some serious knocks when you wipe out at those speeds.

I also like to watch Danny Macaskill videos when he makes insane hops from one ridiculously precarious spot to another. The one he did on the Cuillin ridge was edge of the seat stuff.
    Yeah, Danny is legend - He has done some stuff with Fabio and it's just crazy! 

• SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    Much like my cycle to work each day on my trusty Raleigh.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14211
    tFB Trader
    Check out Martyn Ashton - various video's on youtube of him - I've seen him live at a show before he had his accident - Many of his video's are done on a Tour De France style road bike and not his 'tricks bike' - He just wanted to show a point - watch the bridge at 2.00 and bunny hops at 3.10

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy1qev
    Check out Martyn Ashton - various video's on youtube of him - I've seen him live at a show before he had his accident - Many of his video's are done on a Tour De France style road bike and not his 'tricks bike' - He just wanted to show a point - watch the bridge at 2.00 and bunny hops at 3.10

He's been a hero of mine since trials became a thing in the 90's. Such a horrendous thing that happened to him.
    tFB Trader
    PC_Dave said:

He's been a hero of mine since trials became a thing in the 90's. Such a horrendous thing that happened to him.
    I agree - I saw him at Bournemouth air festival a few years ago - Riding on van roof tops etc - He had the odd fall but said it went with the job -I had about a 20 min chat with him and a nice guy - We talked about a 'rock guitarist' performing on a roof top with him, 'we will rock you style' to add to the crowd participation - Then a year or so later the bad accident - To be honest I don't know the latest on recovery + progress
    PC_Dave said:

I agree - I saw him at Bournemouth air festival a few years ago - Riding on van roof tops etc - He had the odd fall but said it went with the job -I had about a 20 min chat with him and a nice guy - We talked about a 'rock guitarist' performing on a roof top with him, 'we will rock you style' to add to the crowd participation - Then a year or so later the bad accident - To be honest I don't know the latest on recovery + progress
    I had the most embarrassing meet your hero moment - I asked if I could have a picture with him, and the only thing I could say was "Awesome riding, man". So cringe.

He's permanently paralysed from the waist down, but he's still riding - there are a few videos on YouTube. He also does a lot for the Global Mountain Bike Network channel. His son is a bit of biking genius by all accounts, too.
    tFB Trader
    PC_Dave said:
    PC_Dave said:

I had the most embarrassing meet your hero moment - I asked if I could have a picture with him, and the only thing I could say was "Awesome riding, man". So cringe.

He's permanently paralysed from the waist down, but he's still riding - there are a few videos on YouTube. He also does a lot for the Global Mountain Bike Network channel. His son is a bit of biking genius by all accounts, too.
    Thanks - I'll check them out - So sad that there will not be a full recovery
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    Speaking of crazy things done on a bike, how about this 82year old legend who has become the first Brit to cycle 1million miles!!
    https://www.cyclinguk.org/news/82-year-old-first-brit-cycle-million-miles
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.