SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Ibanez SR500 £325 ono SOLD

What's Hot
DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3821
edited December 2019 in Basses £
For sale is my trusty Ibanez SR500. 

The SR series are some of the most comfortable and versatile basses you'll ever play. Super lightweight, with a nicely contoured body shape, and thin and super-fast neck. The SR500 is one of the intermediate models in the range. It's the lowliest one in the series that gets the nice twin Bartolini humbuckers that a lot of the pricier models have, but does without the fancy finishes of the more flashy models. 

Mahogany body with plain mahogany finish, a 5-piece Jatoba/Bubinga bolt on neck and rosewood fretboard. Twin humbuckers with a 3-band active EQ.

It has been gigged a fair bit, but is in excellent nick. Only major ding is on the back of the end tip of the headstock. 

These are as reliable and useable a workhorse bass as you'll ever find. Built like a tank and can cover anything from jazz to rock/metal. Currently strung with a set of D'Addario Chrome Flats, which were fitted in the summer and will probably have a good few years of life left in them.

Only selling as I've bought an identical model but with 5-strings instead! Shows how much a rate these basses!

No case/gigbag I'm afraid, so collection from Tyne & Wear is preferred, but I do have a good sturdy box and packing materials if you're willing to take the risk of postage.

(Shameless pic of me and the bass in question on the main stage at the O2 Academy!)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    I'm not sure that your photos are doing you too many favours (maybe too close to the flash).  The ones in your thread where it's side to side with the new 5 string look nicer (and more like my own SR500 in real life).  Great live shot by the way.

For anybody considering purchase - these are really great basses
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the comment Musicwolf. Yeah I confess I'm not much of a photographer!

But you're right, they are great basses!

(Oh yeah, and BUMP!) 
  • Sold