New amp from Dr. Z?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    RiftAmps said:
    skay said:

Being primarily a tele through a vox player, I'm loving the Sweetwater demo of the new Z Wreck Jr, sounds like the perfect hotrodded AC15.

I gotta admit I'm very tempted...
    Finally! Both myself and @Modulus_Amps have been saying for years that an 18w version was needed. I want one.

yes, Sounds great with some tasty playing too,  I need to build one myself.

Shame that they couldn't get the piping straight across the front on the demo model, my OCD is going off, can't unsee it now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmps said:
    skay said:

Being primarily a tele through a vox player, I'm loving the Sweetwater demo of the new Z Wreck Jr, sounds like the perfect hotrodded AC15.

I gotta admit I'm very tempted...
    Finally! Both myself and @Modulus_Amps have been saying for years that an 18w version was needed. I want one.

yes, Sounds great with some tasty playing too,  I need to build one myself.

Shame that they couldn't get the piping straight across the front on the demo model, my OCD is going off, can't unsee it now
    haha ...first thing I noticed too!

• Chester said:
    Nice

They are also cooking up a joint design with Alan Phillips of Carol Ann. Apparently coming out next year
    There’s a thread on The Gear Page dedicated to this, with comments from Alan Phillips. 
  • skayskay Frets: 394

After a 2 month wait, the zwrek finally arrived at Peach!

This actual amp is being packed up and shipped to me, can't wait, although  now Jack has demonstrated how dynamic and rich it can sound, I won't be able to blame any mediocre sounds on the amp :-D

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• llewllew Frets: 78
    @skay enjoy, it sounds immense.
    Cheers @llew ;

Been having a crazy time at work because of this crisis, almost became a 'wreck' myself, but the thought of this amp has been keeping me going!

• llewllew Frets: 78
    I've had quite a few Z's over the years.And am using a maz jr at the moment but I've always wanted a z wreck. I'm very jealous 
  • skay said:

This actual amp is being packed up and shipped to me, can't wait, although  now Jack has demonstrated how dynamic and rich it can sound, I won't be able to blame any mediocre sounds on the amp :-D
    A man in a hazmat suit delivered my Z Wreck Jr head last Monday...it's a lovely thing!
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    The Maz 38 sounds so ridiculously good here:
    https://youtu.be/xfE2yyzFddk

And Jack is a monster player.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16091
    The guy in the Sweetwater demo is a pretty tidy player too
    what a great sounding Amp
    I have had a go on the Zwreck Senior.......great but simply too loud for anything smaller than a stadium....probably the loudest amp I have ever heard.
  • Dominic said:
    I have had a go on the Zwreck Senior.......great but simply too loud for anything smaller than a stadium....probably the loudest amp I have ever heard.
    That experience is still with me...it was an awesome thing!
  • Sweet, enjoy! 
    Thanks guys for sharing the excitement of this new amp, i've got a week of annual leave next week (if it's not cancelled), and i'm planning on diving into this amp in a big way (i.e every guitar, every pedal, attenuators, different speaker cabs etc)

Never really looked outside of the 'Big 3' amp builders much before, but recently watching a YouTube video of a tour of the DR Z premises was a real eye opener, and the small-time production reminded me of the photos of the 1950's Fender factory photos where a handful of people built all the amps by themselves from start to finish, where people took real pride in their work.

Got to the top of the KOT list yesterday as well, so life ain't all that bad....