Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The latest snowflake outrage...

What's Hot

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9662
    Can't they just both be called Elton?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3445
    I think the term ''snowflakes'' used to describe brave people (usually the younger generation, i.e. not us old has beens) who stand up for what they believe in, such as, those who have the balls to tackle inequality, environmental issues, employment law , poverty etc should not be used to describe dicks , yes, I said it, dicks who post petitions like these. 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24292
    Well said Rob.  The term has been used pejoratively by the right-wing media for years and is now being bleated by the moron division of the public.  Significant numbers of these stories are fiction, but the bleating morons love to feel indignation and outrage and are too dense to realise what’s going on.  
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Emp_Fab said:
    Well said Rob.  The term has been used pejoratively by the right-wing media for years and is now being bleated by the moron division of the public.  Significant numbers of these stories are fiction, but the bleating morons love to feel indignation and outrage and are too dense to realise what’s going on.  

The genuine issues have been diluted by left-leaning liberals widening the scope into things that don't have negative meanings.  Almost as though they are looking for things to make an issue of where no real issue exists.  As someone said higher up it's just taking words out of context.    
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    siremoon said:
    Emp_Fab said:

The genuine issues have been diluted by left-leaning liberals widening the scope into things that don't have negative meanings.  Almost as though they are looking for things to make an issue of where no real issue exists.  As someone said higher up it's just taking words out of context.    
    The genuine issues are being diluted by the general public who choose to ignore them. Blaming it on politics is like blaming pollution on a car and not its driver.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    Who cares if people are offended.

Rushdie was spot-on
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • strtdv said:
    Who cares if people are offended.

Rushdie was spot-on
    As was Zappa      

Most of the time. ;)
    When logic and proportion
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    robgilmo said:
    the younger generation ... who stand up for what they believe in
    What were young people standing up for eighty years ago? Dictators. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:
    80 years ago being 1939, so you're saying that young people were going off to fight the Nazis, not because they utterly deplored their fascist ideology and wanted to defend the freedom of European neighbours, but because "Dictators"?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31574
    robgilmo said:
    80 years ago being 1939, so you're saying that young people were going off to fight the Nazis, not because they utterly deplored their fascist ideology and wanted to defend the freedom of European neighbours, but because "Dictators"?
    That's a very modern spin on "kicking the Krauts 'cos of what they did to my uncle" if I may say so. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4912
    robgilmo said:
    I think he's saying that young people were the Nazis...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nitefly said:
    robgilmo said:
    I think he's saying that young people were the Nazis...

Well, they were also the young people from allied nations who were putting their lives on the line to fight them, so it's not a very well-made point.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    This isnt 80 years ago, we have a whole new set of problems to deal with, or more to the point, our kids do.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    edited December 2019
    tae be or not tae be
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2592
    edited December 2019
    robgilmo said:
    Their opinions about fascism were not the motivating factor for the vast majority of people going to fight.  German expansionism was felt to be an existential threat to this country, so much so that our Government declared war.  Our soldiers were a mixture of loyal patriots who thought it their duty to fight and a fairly chunky amount of reluctant conscripts who felt they had no choice.  Detestation of fascist idealogy would have played an almost negligible part, as would have concern for foreigners.  Churchill wasn't very far removed from a fascist himself in many of his beliefs and many in our ruling classes were Nazi sympathisers. The war wasn't about ideology, it was about not being dominated by foreigners.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Bloke that came up with that petition is an absolute socket. 

I'm sure it was all just a bit of fun though. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Emp_Fab said:
    Wikipedia says.....

Snowflake (slang) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

Pretty much spot on I would say.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    robgilmo said:
    This isnt 80 years ago, we have a whole new set of problems to deal with, or more to the point, our kids do.
    What, like flying a bomber over Germany at the age  of twenty-one or  eighteen years of age sitting in a trench on the Somme being shot and gassed?

Need I go on.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2019
    Wolfetone said:
    robgilmo said:
    What, like flying a bomber over Germany at the age  of twenty-one or  eighteen years of age sitting in a trench on the Somme being shot and gassed?

Need I go on.....
    No, I said a whole ''new'' set of problems, what I didn't say was ''the same'' problems. How about imminent mass extinction due to what could well be irreversible climate change? I think thats a pretty shit legacy top leave our kids, dont you? And I think the people , kids , wanting change are well justified and a whole lot braver than the term ''snowflake'' gives them credit for.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:
    siremoon said:
    Emp_Fab said:

The genuine issues are being diluted by the general public who choose to ignore them. Blaming it on politics is like blaming pollution on a car and not its driver.
    hhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!! My day just peaked!!

Bye!