Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• Looks like a great idea and tech. Such a shame that the Katana tones are bloody dreadful 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6675
    edited December 2019
    Oh look, more delicious and expensive tricknology. Hooray. 

Feast good friends, consume, for you are permanently hungry. You will work and spend and work and spend until you die, on your deathbed wishing for just one more thing....you are professional consumers and the Super-God Dollar McSterling will reward you with newer, faster, harder, longer, shinier objects forever, forever, forever ......if not longer...

Who's getting one for Christmas then? 

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    My only concern would be the Boss tones - it looks clever and would be useful for people with limited space who wanted to jam or practice. Not sure what the guy in the advert does for a living - run a guitar store - but he has an enormous apartment. Big enough to have a real amp and a PA to jam along to ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlin said:

Feast good friends, consume, for you are permanently hungry. You will work and spend and work and spend until you die, on your deathbed wishing for just one more thing....you are professional consumers and the Super-God Dollar McSterling will reward you with newer, faster, harder, longer, shinier objects forever, forever, forever if not longer...

I don't know a price yet but it would have to be either REALLY good, or under £100 (very unlikely) to sway me from my AC30 Amplug and headphones set up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    edited December 2019
    merlin said:

Feast good friends, consume, for you are permanently hungry. You will work and spend and work and spend until you die, on your deathbed wishing for just one more thing....you are professional consumers and the Super-God Dollar McSterling will reward you with newer, faster, harder, longer, shinier objects forever, forever, forever if not longer...

I don't know a price yet but it would have to be either REALLY good, or under £100 (very unlikely) to sway me from my AC30 Amplug and headphones set up.
    £378 at Peach
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_Dave said:
    merlin said:

£378 at Peach
    Ouch!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Ouch!
    Yep. Meanwhile, in the real world, you can simply get a small interface for your smart phone and download something like the free version of Amplitube.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • It's quite a neat bit of tech - or, rather, a neat amalgamation of several normally-unrelated bits of tech.

Is it going to set the world on fire? Unlikely, especially at that price, but I don't think that's the point. I tend to treat things like this as a proof-of-concept product with a smaller customer base who're effectively beta testers. They'll feed back on which bits are useful and which bits aren't, and gradually those useful bits will filter down into more affordable and practical products for the mass market.

From that perspective...yeah, this is quite a good idea.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I was thinking it might be a worthwhile purchase at around £100. I will stick to my Yamaha THR C
  • I watched a bit of the video but after I'd clicked on the link (£386 at Andertons?) I realised it was a bit of a non starter for me. I can see the appeal, not always true for me and new products. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • chris45chris45 Frets: 221
    It's an interesting concept.  I've considered getting a bluetooth transmitter to take the output from my Line6 Helix but have read too much regarding bluetooth latency to go ahead with it.  The Boss product seems to have a proprietary wireless system for the guitar AND bluetooth for external (e.g. play along) audio.  
  • I feel this is an amazing bit of tech but the price kills it for me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    Daiganzen said:
    I feel this is an amazing bit of tech but the price kills it for me
    This. I love the idea.

In 3 years Behringer will have a clone for £49.99.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • This is really interesting tech. I can imagine perhaps even wanting to use it for music listening too.

Price is a bit steep right now, it being new technology. But it's certainly something I'm interested in.

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited December 2019
    I would love one of these, but it’s about double what I could justify spending on it unfortunately. What would maybe work for me would be something like this that does all that stuff but with my existing headphones.

I find playing guitar sounds terrible through headphones though and I’m not sure how to sort that out.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    So basically, its a wireless version of the Line6 Amplifi concept? That didn't sell, either.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I thought it's an interesting bit of kit. How many of you listened through headphones?? The bit where the Boss Headphones were on "The Ears" was impressive. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6795
    If it’s got good amp sims I’m in! Looks ideal for sofa widdling
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6795
    Andertons review gives a good feel for its capabilities- I’m definitely going to check them out once they get into the stores.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    I think it’s a great idea for those of us who have no option but to play with headphones at home. Seems like it might get somewhere closer to solving the “amp in the room” dilemma. Shame it’s so expensive though - if it were closer to £200 I’d probably be interested.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom