NGD - PRS SE 35th Anniversary Custom 24 - Black Gold Burst

What's Hot

Here's my PRS SE 35th Anniversary Custom 24 - Black Gold Burst. Think it is the first in the UK, if not the world?

An unboxing video (apologies, didn't know my phone stops the video at 5mins!):
https://youtu.be/pKHWpZUPRtI

I'd say the last few photos are more like the proper finish on her. When the natural light hits it, it becomes more sunburst finish. When normal light hits it, it's the Black Gold Burst.

Just changing the tuners out for locking ones and putting some strap locks on.

Action seemed really good out of the box, but looks like it could be lowered a tad if I really wanted to, but I love the bit of pull up action!

This guitar feels like quality. Frets are nice and polished, no sharp ends!

The colour is more like the first photo:

When natural light hits it, it goes a bit more like a sunburst.

Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Very nice 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A quick demo of it. I'm a nervous player (lack of confidence) so forgive me!

Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Really like those birds!
  • The SE models are starting to look ‘much’ more like the Core American guitars based on that. Looks great - and don’t be so hard on your own playing - it sounds great!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The SE models are starting to look ‘much’ more like the Core American guitars based on that. Looks great - and don’t be so hard on your own playing - it sounds great!
    Thanks Richard. Always been hard on myself since I was a kid! Usual; parents always said I was shit at everything :)

These guitars really are feeling more like the Core line.. the quality control is outstanding on this guitar. I was hesitant about ordering a Cort-Built PRS (even cancelled my pre-order. That and the fact noone knew when they were coming in - then last Saturday, Music Street got 1 in (and today Dawson's got some in) so I snapped it up. Was meant to arrive yesterday, but DPD sent it to Somerset lol
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27429
    There are incredible quality SEs around now - and that’s certainly one of them.

Doesn’t help the GAS sufferers though!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Lovely guitar. Happy NGD.

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6869
    Nice man! Black & gold, black n gold.... black n hold... 

Now Sam Sparro is stuck in my head!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom