Squier Showmaster trem arm size?

Picked one of these up cheap but it doesn’t have a trem arm. Can any one tell me what size I need please, 5mm or 6mm?

Thanks. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18376
    Hi. Can't swear to the absolute accuracy of the micrometer readings, but they should be close enough.
    It isn't 5 or 6 mm ;-)
    Hope this helps, let me know if I can help further.

• Hi. Can't swear to the absolute accuracy of the micrometer readings, but they should be close enough.
    It isn't 5 or 6 mm ;-)
    Hope this helps, let me know if I can help further.

Thank you, sorry should been more specific, mines not got a Floyd..

Like this one: http://xelectrical.com/item/Squier-Showmaster-9437

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18376
    Oh bollocks, there's me thinking I'd been of help to someone, ROFL :-D  
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    edited December 2019
    Picked one of these up cheap but it doesn’t have a trem arm. Can any one tell me what size I need please, 5mm or 6mm?

Thanks. 
    I misplaced the trem arm for my Squier Affinity Strat, and like you, I wasn't sure what size thread replacement arm to get.

I used a metal metric tape measure and placed it over the thread hole from the 10cm marker to get an accurate measurement. 

I used the 10cm marker to start the measurement from because this permits the tape to lie absolutely flat against the trem screw hole. Check, and check again because it is easy to get the measurement wrong.

For my Squier Affinity Strat, the thread size required was 5 mm. 

I thought that the 5 mm size was correct, but I wasn't sure that my measurement was accurate and so I got a 5 mm and a 6 mm trem. They were under £2 each brand new from an eBay seller, so instead of faffing around, I got both sizes.

You will require one with a black plastic tip.
  • 6mm for this one, for the record if anyone else is looking for this info too.