Vintera Jazzmaster

Has anyone tried both types? I tried a 60s one which was nice enough, but I'm wondering whether the 60s Modified might be the one for me. Yet to find anywhere in Manchester with one in stock though, so after both your opinions, and if anyone spots one in stock in the North West then gimme a shout! 

Also interested in how they compare to the J Mascis Squier if anyone can chip in on that too.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The modified is basically the same spec as the old Classic Player and fairly close in spec to the J Mascis, with the TOM bridge, possibly the Trem position, flatter board, bigger frets and hotter pickups.

I have the non-modified 60s Vintera and I am really happy with it. I have put a Staytrem bridge on mine which was a big improvement. The pickups are nice but I am considering an overwound bridge for better balance across the positions as the pickups in both positions are the same output.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9657
    Probably doesn’t help much but I did try the 50s Strat and the modified. IMO the modified, though not as period correct, was noticeably easier to play and generally felt and sounded just that bit bettter.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Thanks both. The bigger frets sounds like a good thing for me, I felt the non-modified were slightly thinner than I'd like. Not sure how I'd feel about a flatter board though. Hmmm.