Anybody converted by a chambered guitar?

What's Hot
Coming from having enjoyed a thinline in the past and a couple semi hollows and a hollow body I've just picked up a 90s bluesbird which is chambered and under 8lbs. Acoustically I'm finding it much more enjoyable to play than any solid body I've used before, feels like the guitar has a built in muddy low output mini amp and quite lively. I'm also finding it much more balanced to play than a light R8 I had, which when sat down always felt like it wanted to topple over.

Anyone else had very positive experiences with chambered?

I've shyed away from gretsch types because I find the controls too complicated but any other builders making nice chambered guitars around?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    I've only owned one chambered guitar, which was this '07 Standard Faded (previously owned by other forum members, too).

It was a nice guitar but I couldn't get along with its neck profile in the long run, and very reluctantly sold it.  I agree there is something to the chambering similar to what you describe.  I'd have kept it if it was easy to replace the neck with something a bit more chunky.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    I've got a couple of Patrick James Eggle's which are chambered and you can definitely hear they are when played unplugged which I do think translates to the plugged in tone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Every single time for me .... well chambered / laminates ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom