Ken Ishiwata RIP

RockerRocker Frets: 4945
If you own or owned any Marantz hi-fi kit that had 'KI' in it's description, for example KI Signature CD Player, it was that man who was responsible for taking a standard hi-fi production item, and modding it so that it sounded better than the stock item.

I had the pleasure of meeting him at (I think) the 1999 Hi-Fi Show in London.  The place was quiet that morning and we chatted for about half an hour, he played some music and talked about many things relating to music replay, especially the control of component vibrations on circuit boards.  Damping or limiting these vibrations improved the sound quality - a concept that was slowly gaining acceptance at the time.  The man was a genius and will be missed by all who enjoy their music when played on good sounding systems.  RIP.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 554
    edited December 2019
    @Rocker Yes it is sad news,  I know from chatting to people on the HiFi forums his hi-end Marantz stuff is sought after. I was quite tempted by a pair of power amps a while back, but the potential servicing costs and complexity put me off.  I think that every industry needs a person like 'Ken' pushing for quality and not just low cost.  

• RockerRocker Frets: 4945
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum