Noise Problem

What's Hot
My Strat has just developed an annoying buzz when the bridge pickup is selected. Was fine for ages. 

Could it be a dust problem?

Tha ks for your advice.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    In this section of the forum, the usual culprit is Jeremy Corbyn  :-B
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    In the real world -  Boris Johnson would tell you that there is no problem with your strat and once 'Brexit gets done'  your strat will be even betterer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8703
    Moved to from Politics to Guitar, which explains the comments above. Anyone like to comment on pickup earthing?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72312
    I'd guess either the ground wire has come off, or more likely if it sounds like it still works, the coil has broken at the ground end - the symptom of that is not only noise, but the second position sounding very like just the middle pickup.

If so the chances are that it's the inner end of the coil and the pickup may need rewinding, unless the break is at the eyelet or in the short piece of wire between there and the coil. If you're lucky and it's the outer end, they can usually be fixed by unwinding a turn or two and reconnecting.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein