Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gumtree

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
edited December 2019 in Off Topic
Gumtree - Cunttree more like

That is all 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12347
    Do tell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    edited December 2019
    Imagine  it's a tree. And it's autumn. And leaves are falling all over you, and piling up in front of you and making it hard to get anywhere. Except those leaves are cunts that have a thousand questions and timeslot demands over the £30 thing (that's worth many times more) 

That 
    Red ones are better. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Also.i shouldn't have tried to list stuff the week I move - I'm too busy to deal with it - my bad ha 
    Red ones are better. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16082
    Ah but ,the last time I tried to sell a guitar on gumtree somebody did try and offer me their Auntie's bequeathed Cuckoo Clock ("A genuine Swiss one " ) in a straight swap so you could be missing out on all kinds of home furnishing opportunities.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've generally stopped using it, coz there are too many time wasting cunts on there.

Bye!

The evidence of the last hour suggests I should also add "cuntbook marketplace" to this assessment 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    edited December 2019
    Simple solution: Sell here 1 
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I have a watch on there for sale at £950

Message received this morning:

‘Hi, would you take £200 as it’s a very old model but I’m also cash limited’

As for the constant scam messages wanting to pay via PayPal...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • No matter what platform it is, the people who ask tedious questions get ignored. Unless it’s a high value item don’t entertain the cretins who are usually after something for nothing 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    Hey at least people are making offers. My stuff's so undesirable no-one ever messages until about 4 months later when I get a raft of "Is this still available?" messages which then go dead when I say "Yes."
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6098
    dbphoto said:
    I have a watch on there for sale at £950

Message received this morning:

‘Hi, would you take £200 as it’s a very old model but I’m also cash limited’

As for the constant scam messages wanting to pay via PayPal...

Josh Sneed's view on low-ballers at his garage sale is really funny. Shows the sort of punters you have to deal with.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    sold 2 guitars on there in the last couple of weeks, no probs at all
    a cheapish acoustic and a fairly expensive gibbo

I've had plenty of scammers and want to traders over the years like but those last 2 sales were fine, I guess your mileage does indeed vary
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    I was selling the wifes old golf clubs on gumtree. The package was, clubs,bag,head covers, tees, towel, 20 or so balls, and couple of gloves. Message came through off dick number 1. Would I be prepared to sell the gloves separately...For Christs Sake!!
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1513
    I bought my Larrivee Parlour off Gumtree. The seller was a good bloke, 25 miles away. Painless.
    I must have been lucky.
  • I once tried to sell a camera on there for £500. It was worth probably £550-600, but I wanted rid.

"Would you take £200 cash and a Kindle? I really need a camera by next weekend."

No.

"No look, you don't understand, I really need a camera and this would be perfect."

No.

"Fucking dick."
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I once tried to sell a camera on there for £500. It was worth probably £550-600, but I wanted rid.

"Would you take £200 cash and a Kindle? I really need a camera by next weekend."

No.

"No look, you don't understand, I really need a camera and this would be perfect."

No.

"Fucking dick."

Do give him some credit.

A dick has two purposes and he's shown that he knows one of them.

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I don’t use it, full of useless tat from what I’ve seen.

The last time i was on, a woman had listed her engagement ring, wedding ring and eternity ring for sale. When I saw the name, I realised I had provided her with her wedding suits in 2017. Rather amusing if slightly sad at the same time. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    There's plenty of decent buyers on there just loads of scammers and dealers too.  You just have to wade through them.  I've usually been offered more on gumtree for things I've been selling than the forum.

It's not hard to spot the scammers and I ignore the lowballs from dealers. 
  • I've had very good experience on Gumtree.  Describe your item well, with lots of good pics.  Ignore the dickhead approaches but respond very quickly and positively to the serious approaches.  Great for selling eBay unfriendly items that are too large or heavy to courier.