Bugera BC30

What's Hot
Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405

Going to get one of these tomorrow, don't know anything about it except I'm told it can sound like an AC30, which is a sound I'm looking for. Anyone else got one ?
www.2020studios.co.uk 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    Well I've got it and it's basically a Matchless DC30 clone rather than an AC30 clone ..... at least in appearance, controls and valve compliment. Plugged in and wow, it's pretty good for such a cheap amp. Bloody heavy though !
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    I've often wondered about these. I've got a V55 head that I've had from new and bloody love it! It has reinforced in my mind that more money doesn't necessarily equate to better tone and for me the V55 is a perfect pedal platform. 

Hope you enjoy the new amp :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    Well I gig'ed it last night and it does have a basic sound that's pretty cool .... it's not clean, more like an old Marshall than an AC30. 
    The downside is the weight, it's stupidly heavy ... I might cut it in to a head and cab format 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72316
    Sounds like they accurately copied a Matchless...

How hot is it running? You might be able to clean it up a bit - and reduce the potential valve failure rate - by increasing the cathode resistor values.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein