Software for playback

What's Hot
Hi

Not sure this is the right place but I'm looking for recommendations on software to play backing tracks at altered speeds.

Basically I have plenty of cd's that include backing tracks or chord progressions that come with books but I want to be able to play them back slower so that I can use them for practice.  Ideally I'd like to use my andriod phone because that will plug directly into my amp but if it has to be done on the pc then so be it. 

Other people must have this requirement so what do you use?  My instructor has an actual cd player for this purpose but that seems like it might be an expensive way to do it and only allows for the use of cd's where as I also have a lot of music files on the pc.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I use Anytune. It's good. However, I"m a Mac/iOS guy, so I don't know if runs on Android or Windows. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    This looks like it might do the job (I haven't used it) and has lots of users/good reviews:
    There appear to be many paid/free options on the Play store.
  • downsideup11downsideup11 Frets: 9
    edited December 2019
    I use the music speed changer app on Android linked by oaf above. Does the slow down job well and can also loop sections too and it's free
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    On iPad I use DJ2, I assume they have an Android app.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    Reaper is essentially nagware free and can slow down without changing pitch plus it can do a lot of other handy transcribing tricks too like looping, centre vocal removing, EQ'ing guitar to forefront etc. I use it all the time for working out guitar parts  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • I am a beginner and i use Tempo on iPad and android and its excellent 
  • I use Anytune on the iDevice and Mac. Alter speed without pitch change, loop sections, etc. Uses the files in your Music library if you want, or stores them within itself. Works for me. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    Amazing Slow Downer. I use it primarily on a PC but the Android app is good for playback, not so easy to use to set loop points precisely tho'.

I always use it for learning any new song. Fine tuning of songs recorded slightly off in tuning is easy. Setting loop points and storing them is easy. Slowing down tricky bits is very simple.
  • MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    Riffstation is a great app and it's free.

http://allpcworld.com/riffstation-1-6-free-download/
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    Transcribe! is the pimp daddy for this. Not free, but only about £25 or £30. 
    Does the slow down/ speed up thing to any degree.
    Plays however many bars you want and speeds up by however much you want, in however many repetitions you want.
    Changes pitch so really easy to play along to tracks that are, say, not tuned to standard and you just want to play along without retuning your guitar.
     And a really quick learning curve for the basics.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Yup, Transcribe! is the best app by far.