Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Being a Skaboo dad- An open diary (CW – Mental Health, Cute Pics)

What's Hot

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5729
    Firstly, HUUUUUGE congratulations to Albert and you both, Glad he made it here safely.

I'm sat here with tears rolling, going back to my own experiences with neonatal intensive care wards. Three of my four have had the pleasure of a stay and my twins, now age five, have more or less exactly the story you've written out here.

There are so many powerful and conflicting emotions to deal with that its impossible not be overwhelmed and left behind by your own feelings at time. Especially for Mums, who miss out on that moment of holding their child at delivery. That on top of dealing with the C Section, which is a massive operation is incredibly tough and the combination of the emotional and physical trauma together are a much MUCH bigger burden than most people realise. Clearly you've completely got the measure of it all, which makes you pretty amazing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226
    Good work fella. Glad to hear it's all going in the right direction. Don't forget to look after yourself, they'll both need you when they get home and the NHS machine isn't there at the end of the corridor. Let the non-essentials slide, as long as everyone is warm, fed, clean and healthy...bonus points for rested...you're winning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    Brilliant news ! :)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17582
    tFB Trader
    Congratulations!

A well told yarn there.
  •  Congratulations
    Shouldn't have read this at work as I now have tears in my eyes. 
    Great write up too.
  • Congrats to the whole family! Enjoy the little dude! :)
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5616
    Wow! Congrats to you all, my heart was in my mouth a bit reading all of that.  Hope mum, little Albert, and you are all doing well!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    Congratulations to you all. (Love that new baby smell)  :)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Congratulations. Mrs ESB was a senior nurse on a special baby care unit, they are all very dedicated and you are all in very safe hands.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Congratulations to you both! You have had some tough times there.

We have 4 kids and the first three were all terrible 40 hour labours that I wouldn't wish on anyone, all with problems that took the Mrs around 5 weeks to get over. Major stress, but it's all in the past.
  • JezWynd said:
    Congratulations to you all. (Love that new baby smell)  :)
    Until the pure black shits start. Then run.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    Congratulation and best of luck to you all.
    Having gone though something very similar myself a few years ago I know that this can be a very tough time, so hang in there and hopefully things will go back on track quickly !
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6121
    tFB Trader
    Hey, so pleased all is going in the right direction and that everyone is doing well..... Having been through similar myself I can honestly say i was less traumatised being shot at. 

Thats why I am raising money with Andertosn for the SSNAP charity at Oxford John Radcliffe, its about the only thing i felt empowered to do in return for the way they treated/saved my family.

Congratulations, an early christmas present!!

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Well that choked me up. Congratulations to you both. It’s good to get all this out intit he open and not bottle it all up, it sure can feel like a lonely time. My twin boys are 9 in January. We were in NICU and SCUB (can’t for the life of me remember which way round those go) for a month before coming home. I can still hear those beeps and bongs going off. They were still feeding via tubes and those little syringes when we got home. 

That moment after you’ve all just been rushed into theatre, emergency c section, babys out but not crying or noises from them... Then suddenly the dads on their own, no wife and no kids. that was the loneliest and most confused I’ve ever felt.

all I can say is your in great hands. We owe everything to amazing teams in NICU and SCUB at the Rosie in Cambridge.

Keep strong! Wishing all 3 of you the best of luck. Make sure you both talk about all of this, it really can fester otherwise and not do anyone any good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Wow, fantastic story!  Huge congrats to you all, and welcome to little Albert.

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    Congratulations! Both our kids were breached and c-sections with complications. Thankfully not on the same scale (Mum had more problems than babies) but we did recieve first class care from the NHS staff.

8 and 4 years on those hospital days are all distant memories and the kids are causing other trouble.

Enjoy the time together as a family and best of luck!
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    We've had a serious exchange elsewhere, but despite that it has only just occurred to me to really, really hope he ends up with a good mate called Ernie :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18662
    Bloody hell, that was a roller coaster read. So very relieved that it worked out.
    Albert Returns though? Although I suppose it's a far better choice than Rover 
    Wishing much future happiness to you all.
  • I read it with horror btw but glad it all worked out.

Bye!

• Congrats,, both of ours had to stay in for a week (although luckily not in NICU or SCBU) so I kind of get what you mean about the lonely feeling coming back to the house from the hospital. Happy everything's ok and hope you get the little man home for Xmas.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ