Bernie Marsden's autobiography

What's Hot

Titled "Where's My Guitar? An inside Story of British Rock and Roll".

Excellent read! Full of very funny anecdotes. I posted this because I haven't seen any reviews even though it has been out for a few weeks.

I saw him do a Masterclass at the London Guitar Show  a few years ago which was a combination of him playing solo and telling stories. The writing style is very similar to the narration at the masterclass so it makes it a very easy read.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    He's not someone that I'd think "I have to read that", but now you have got me interested. I like autobiographies generally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll check this out. Saw him live a few years ago and his stories between songs were just as enjoyable as the music. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    We can never have too many stories about The Beast.
  • Sassafras said:
    We can never have too many stories about The Beast.

Not that much about it in the main part of the book. However there is an appendix called "Afterword: Guitars & the Sickness They Induce" in which The Beast features.
  • I'll check this out. Saw him live a few years ago and his stories between songs were just as enjoyable as the music. 
    Yes, I've seen him live a couple of times and he's very entertaining. There's an interview on YouTube that's done with local students ( IIRC)from a few years ago that's worth a watch. There are two Andertons interviews as well, from what I remember the earlier one is interesting and the second one is overly nerdy and dull as ditchwater. However, when he's not trying to sell you a PRS or his coffee table book Bernie is a lively chappie. 
    I'll look out for the book. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.