NGD.. Epi LP

What's Hot
Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
edited December 2019 in Guitar
Picked this up at the weekend as a swap... 
Very pretty Blood orange flame Epi LP.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah162/Balrog68/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20191121_130759_zpsgrpnrwvm.jpg
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• King85King85 Frets: 631
    Lovely, not seen one of these before.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    Need to try a good epi LP, what are the pick ups like?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    Pickups are pretty responsive, more so than the other Epi LP I have. This one is a Korean, Fine Guitar factory model, the serial number id's it as 86', 96' or 06'.
    The guy I got it off reckoned it was around 30 years old, but I'm not certain. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Recent stock Epiphone pickups are a great improvement on the waxbuckers of old. 

Balrog68 said:
    Next string change, unfasten one of the humbucker mounting surrounds. Examine the cavity floor and the underside of the pickup for stickers and stamped or handwritten information.
    Be seeing you.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    Balrog68 said:
    Pickups are pretty responsive, more so than the other Epi LP I have. This one is a Korean, Fine Guitar factory model, the serial number id's it as 86', 96' or 06'.
    If it's an 86 it will be around 33 years old, if a 96 that puts it more like 23, however if it's an 06 then it would be quite a bit newer, say like 13 years

but you probably knew that
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3359
    edited December 2019
    Its not an 86 , they didn't make em, if its an 06 its a very good guitar, they were ontop of their game back then, but I think they moved to china around this time too. Did they make thins colour in 96? Im not sure they did. What factory did it come out of? Letter prefix on serial number.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    Serial number starts with F. The epiphone dater site said it was from the Fine Guitar Factory in 86,96 or 06....there is no number to indicate which. They started making epi's in 83 so it could be from 86. 
    Balrog68 said:
    Serial number starts with F. The epiphone dater site said it was from the Fine Guitar Factory in 86,96 or 06....there is no number to indicate which. They started making epi's in 83 so it could be from 86. 
    But didn't they start in Japan? 88 I think they started the Les Paul in Korea, they made acoustics before that.
    In fact, F could well stand for Fugijen, Ive never heard of the ''fine factory''.,
    After having researched the history of serial numbers, it would appear that this is a 1996 model from the Korean Fine Guitars Corporation. It seems that 7 digit numbers preceded by a letter were common post 1990.